A Very Good Place to Start

"Okay. Spill"

Ali was looking at me, waiting for me to start my story. Did I have a choice? No. Was I excited to tell her what happened? Hell yes.

"Where should I start?"

"The very beginning"

We walked over to the couch and Ali immediately claimed a pillow clutching it to her chest like a kid on Christmas waiting for her parents to get up. As I told Ali about the kiss and the time we'd spent together she was practically vibrating on the spot with excitement. "He's such a gentleman, I'm so happy for you babe! This is amazing! But don't be fooled I'll still beat the shit out of him if he does anything to make you upset."

"I appreciate it Ali Cat, but I don't think Alex could do anything to hurt me. Everything he's done so far has been to make me happy and I've never pointed it out to him, but I can tell he's constantly scanning my face to make sure I'm enjoying myself." I explained, my heart was ready to beat out of my chest just thinking about him.

"Awww, you really like him don't you?" Ali cooed "Yeah, I think I really do" I giggled, this wasn't new information to me, I knew I liked him and I think I want to be with him, but I want to take it slow, especially considering we're working together.

"How did you know you wanted to be in a relationship with Roxie?" I asked abruptly, "I just did. You know I don't like sappy stuff, but from our first conversation, I knew that wasn't going to be able to get her out of my head. I guess that the reason I slept with her the second I met her. I needed to know if it was just a sexual attraction, deep down I knew it wasn't, but with past, I had to check." She explained in deep thought. Wow that the most serious I think I've ever seen Ali. "If you're wondering whether or not to be with Alex do you want my opinion?" She asked to which I nodded. I needed something to help me decide. I know I like him, but the whole working together thing can get messy and I don't want it to ruin what we have.

"From what I've seen of him, he's nice, he looks after you, he doesn't seem like a smash and dash kind of guy and when he looks at you, it's as though there's no one or nothing else in the room. I think you'd be crazy not to go for it" she answered honestly.

"But we work together, it's not going to be easy"

"I think that if you can make this work it'll be a forever kind of thing, if things get hard you have to make sure you talk or it can go downhill pretty quick"

Ali had a point, if we could make it through working together, we could probably make it through anything. Is it too early into our relationship though? I mean we're not even officially together yet

"I hate to ditch you, but I gotta meet Roxie in 20 minutes for an early dinner, late lunch thing. You gonna be okay by yourself?" She asked,

"Yeah I'll be fine, thanks for everything Ali," I said hugging her. "Well, someone's gotta look after my favourite straight girl" she replied hugging me back.

The last thing I wanted to deal with right now popped into my head. Natasha. As much as she was a bitch and got mad, I should probably try and talk to her about everything. I mean it didn't go great last time we talk, but maybe she's calmed down by now?

"Would you beat the shit out of me if I said I wanted to call Natasha?" I asked carefully

"Yes"

"Why?"

"Cause she a bipolar ass bitch that's only interested in something if it benefits her"

Ali's got a point, but still, I don't want to throw away over a decade of friendship over a guy.

"But she wasn't like that before she met Alex, so maybe it's just a phase?" I tried convincing her, but also myself.

"Look, just call her. You'll keep beating yourself up if you don't. But don't for a second think that I support it. Personally, I think we run the bitch over. Problem solved." Ali said as she walked out of the room.

Well. This is going to be big fun. I really don't want to call her. So I won't. But I should. Maybe I will. Should I though? Okay, we're doing it I'm dialling you don't have a choice now.

"Hello?" Natasha's soft voice came through the speaker. "Hey Tash, look I know that we've had our differences over the past little while and I was wondering if you wanted to talk about it? I miss you so much and I don't think we should let a guy get in the way of our relationship"

"Awww sweets! I've missed you so much! I would love nothing more than to make up. This whole being upset and mad at someone really sucks and I love you so much. I was dumb I never should've gone for the guy that was clearly interested in you and I should've reacted better when you told me you felt the same way." Natasha said quietly. "I was just jealous and I don't even know him so it was literally so stupid. I fell in love with the idea of being Alex Brightman's girl, going to red carpet events, and being THAT girl. I realised that I didn't have feelings for him for the reason you should have feelings for someone." Wow, this is going a lot better than I thought it would.

"Oh Tash, I love you too!" I replied

"Are we gonna be okay, Krystal?" She asked slowly "I think we are, you wanna hang out?" I asked, "That would literally be the best thing ever darl!" She practically screeched. "How about tomorrow? We can go for dinner?"

"Sounds great!"

"I'll text you with the details tomorrow!"

"See you then! Bye sweets!"

"Bye Tash"

Now, what to do with the rest of the day... I don't want to smother Alex. I'm seeing Tash tomorrow night. Ali has a date with Roxie soon, so it looks like I'm going to get some online school finished. I decided last year after several failed auditions that I should probably pick up a course that I can use in everyday life in case I could never make my break in musical theatre. I'm currently studying to become a drama and film and television teacher, I figured teaching something I love could be as good as doing it myself. I'm still on the fence about what I'm going to do with the course now that I'm in Beetlejuice, I guess we'll see where it goes.

Apparently when they ran the show for a few weeks in D.C people loved it, I just hope that people love it on Broadway too. No one in the cast has mentioned anything about the original Lydia, I think she was played by Sofia Anne Caruso. It might be a bit of a sensitive topic so I'll leave it for now and ask Alex later on down the track.

A/N:
Hey guys!!
This is kind of a filler chapter, but I finished another chapter for later on and oh boy was it a hard one. I'm extremely thankful for the support and hope to get some more out very soon!
Thanks again!!

- Coco xx

Milestone:
620 reads