Love & Trust

I woke up to the smell of alcohol and the feeling of regret running through me. I begrudgingly opened my eyes and tried to sit up, yep that wasn't gonna happen. I planted my hands down either side of my body and tried to slowly pull myself up. Wait, did my bed just... groan? I look to my right to see a still asleep Alex. Oh shit. What happened last night?

I remember my fight with Natasha and then I remember starting to drink, but that's pretty much it. Okay, we need to take this slow, my head hurts, I can't remember shit, I'm wearing a shirt that's far too big for me and Alex is sleeping beside me... shirtless. We didn't. Surely not. When did he even show up? Were we drinking together? I had to get answers.

"Alex" I whispered nudging him. Nothing. "Alex, come on, time to get up," I said a little bit louder and nudging him a little bit harder "Mm, yes?" He replied groggily, gradually opening his eyes, "What are you doing here?" I asked persistently "You don't remember? Oh wait no you wouldn't" he laughed clearly enjoying the situation. "Why are you in my bed, without a shirt on?" I said in a stern tone. "Well you needed it, and wouldn't let me leave," he said looking more amused by the second, he'd now propped himself up on an elbow and was facing me. I looked at him with a confused and slightly annoyed look plastered on my face, "Ah, okay well you and, Anastasia, I think it is? Had a fight and then I'm assuming you thought it would be a great idea to get pissed as cricket and throw a drunken gathering, but don't worry you shattered the only thing interested in joining. I was on my way over when I saw you fumbling around. Are you following so far?" He asked looking for a sign to keep going, "I think you mean Natasha, but yeah I'm with you" I confirmed so he continued.

"Okay so I brought you inside and we discussed what'd happened with Natasha, then I took you into your room and put you down. I went to find you something more comfortable to wear, but as I was doing that you started dancing and trying to get me to join you. Eventually, I just gave up and danced with you, pretty soon though you went green and ran off to the bathroom and threw up. I followed you and held your hair back, which by the way was a lot harder than I thought it would be, you then started crying about being uncomfortable in your overalls. So um, you took them off, I didn't look I swear! But then you wouldn't put anything on because your clothes 'are too clothy', I think it was? So we made a compromise and I gave you my shirt, from there I planned on just crashing on the couch in the living room until your roommate got home, but you wouldn't let me leave until you'd fallen asleep. And after that, I just stayed because you pretty much had an iron grip on my arm."

"Oh my God, Alex I'm so sorry," I said looking down as my cheeks coloured themselves with embarrassment. "It's fine, it was kinda funny to be completely honest with you" Alex laughed. "Do you want your shirt?" I asked with a laugh secretly hoping he'd say no, and I must've been in luck "No, I think it suits you more, to be honest, I've got a hoodie in my car that I'll put on"

"Thanks and not just for the shirt, but for being a gentleman. If it wasn't for you, God knows where I'd be right now, I was stupid and didn't think it through. I'm really sorry for putting you in that position" I hung my head as I uttered my last sentence. "Hey, it wasn't stupid. You had a bad day, we all have them. It's the people around us that get us through them that matter because at the end of the day, what's going to matter more? The mistake or how you got through it and where you are now?" He said straightening himself up to look me dead in the eye and I don't know whether to hug him or feel intimidated. He continued "Now I'm going to make us some breakfast, bubs" he got up out of my bed and I would've tried to stop him and tell him he didn't need to do that, but frankly my head hurt like hell and I just wanted to close my eyes.

With that, Alex walked out the door and down the stairs into the kitchen. I shut my eyes and could myself drifting off back to sleep, but would my life allow that peaceful shit? No way I'm hell.

From the noise being produced in the small hallway outside my room, it sounded like I was about to get run over by about fifty elephants, but it was just Ali galloping in. "OMG GIRL I DIDNT KNOW YOU HAD IT IN YOU!! IM SO PROUD!!" She screeched in my ear, "I'm sorry what?" I managed to get out between the waves of pain my head was enduring. "Don't play dumb with me Missy Moo, I just saw a half-naked man walk past my door. I NEED THE DETAILS! Like how? When?" She said, but a little quieter this time thank God. "Nothing happened, I just had to much to drink because Natasha and I had a fight-"

"I really don't like that bitch"

"Hey, she's still my friend"

"Whatever you say, pumpkin spice latte"

"Anyway, Alex was coming over anyway and he sorted me out, but I wouldn't let him leave and that's basically it" My cheeks were on fire by the time I'd finished, "Doesn't explain why he's shirtlessssss" Ali piped up. "Ah yeah I think I was being a handful and started stripping" I stammered "Oh, so the usual pretty much," Ali said all-knowing, she's been dealing with this for four years now. She's unfortunately very well experienced.

We were talking Ali and Roxies night out when Alex, who now had his hoodie on, appeared at the doorway with waffles, toast, a glass of water and paracetamol. "I thought I heard another voice so I made extra, but I don't think we've been properly introduced, I'm Alex" "Oh I recognise you, you're the door guy, I'm Ali," she said happily introducing herself, "Well thanks for breakfast but I'm just gonna steal some toast and head out to do a thing at somewhere bye" Ali practically yelled as she jumped off the bed, got her toast and skidded into the hallway.

"Well that was... eventful," said Alex as he placed the food down on the bed. "Oh, Alex thank you, this is amazing, you didn't have to do this" I gave him a quick side hug as he put out the plates. He gave me the water and pill hoping it'd kill my headache, which it did. Thank God. As we ate, we joked and laughed about the dumbest things and discussed what Alex knew of the cast so far.

Once, we'd finished and I collected the dishes and walked downstairs with Alex in tow. "You know I could do this," He said with a small frown on his face "You've already done more than enough, Alex which I will be forever in your debt for," I said nudging him with my hip as I started to pack the dishwasher. Alex looked at me with a wicked gleam in his eye and a smirk on his face. "I could think of one way you could pay your debt back, only if you're interested of course."

A/N:
Hey everyone!!
I hope everyone's doing well and staying safe. I hope you enjoy this chapter!! The chapter I'm currently working on is an absolute mess, but I think I've got the structure for it now thank God/Satan. Hopefully it'll be out soon! And also 90 reads?!? That's crazy man, I didn't think anyone was gonna read this to be completely honest with you, but I'm hoping you're liking it!

Stay safe & healthy💚

- Coco xx

Milestone: 90 reads
09/05/2020