Defying Gravity

We arrived at the theatre and walked in hand in hand. "You as nervous as you were last time bubs?" Alex asked looking down to meet my gaze, "Funnily enough, no. I know this is bigger because it's our first actual rehearsal, but I just feel more comfortable having already spent quite a bit of time with Kerry and Rob" I explained before taking a deep breath and walking into where everyone was sitting on chairs in a circle. Alex squeezed my hand as we were greeted by fellow castmates and given time to settle.

"Alright, so the plan for today is to run through some character development workshops. Any questions before I split everyone into their groups?" Timbers asked looking around the group. We all shook our heads, so he proceeded, "Krystal P, Presley R, Alex B, and Will B are group one. So if I can get you guys to head into the foyer you'll meet your coaches". From the looks of things, everyone was getting put in the same group as at least one of their swings or understudies. The four of us got up and walked through the door into the foyer. It was one of my favorite rooms in the entire theatre. The design on the walls and roof were so intricate and unique, I could spend hours just deciphering the details of it all.

I felt a hand on my waist pull me back to reality as Alex introduced me to Presley and Will, I'm assuming Alex had already met them before today. They've probably both been in the show since the DC run. The boys were getting along like a house on fire so I decided to try to make conversation with Presley. "You excited?" "Oh my God yes! As soon as I got the email from Timbers my hands started shaking and haven't stopped since" she laughed. Wait. I've definitely seen her before. "I'm gonna go ahead and guess you remember me from the day you found out you got the part huh?" she said with a knowing smile. Of course! How could I forget? "Right! That was an amazing performance! And thank you, it really made it a special day that I'll never forget" I replied "I'm glad you liked it, Alex was really excited about it" she giggled "Hopefully this isn't too different from out DC leg" Presley said looking off in the direction of the boys. "Why's that?" I asked following her gaze, "I guess I'm just a creature of habit" she said giggling as her gaze snapped back to me.

Presley only looks young, I wonder how long she's been doing this for? Our coach was already waiting for us as we walked over and we quickly made our way to the chairs that had been laid out.

Even though we'd already introduced ourselves our coach, Andrew, wanted us to do so again. We went through some ice-breaker activities as our characters. I don't think I'll ever grow tired of hearing Alex switch between his regular voice and the one he uses for Beetlejuice. Before too long we were split into our pairs.

Presley and I were working on Lydia's emotional pain and what her reactions should be to different scenes and the boys were focused on making Beetlejuice funny, yet more appropriate for the Winter Garden. Granted Presley had already played the role, but she still wanted to make some adjustments. Everyone still had to have costume sizes taken again as more members joined the team and they wanted to jazz the costumes up more.

It didn't feel like long before we were being called back into the main stage area to hear an announcement from Eddie. "Alright everyone, thank you for today's great performance in your workshops, I had a glance around and it seems we're all doing pretty well with the new location and cast members. Now, if we can please get everyone to start moving their things into their dressing rooms backstage that would be great, but other than that, great work today and I'll see you all tomorrow!" He finished with a clap before Turing around to collect his notes.

Alex and I hung around waiting for the rush of people to die down before we made our way backstage. We chatted about the progress we'd made during the session with Andrew and what tomorrow may hold. Seeing that majority of the actors had finished and head out for the day we headed backstage.

As we followed Eddie's directions and walked into the hallway of dressing rooms, we scanned the names for our own. I was on the left side towards the end and Alex was on the right, directly opposite me. "Well, it looks like we're gonna be across the hall buddies," I said grinning at Alex. "Oh please, you know I'll be spending more time in your room than mine," he said giving me a wink. "Oh is that so?" I challenged, folding my arms "Oh it is most certainly so" he challenged back walking towards me with a devilish look in his eye.

I backed up against my dressing room door as Alex took a glance at my lips, asking for permission. I nodded and his hands landed my face before kissing me. Instinctively, I wrapped my arms around his neck and returned the kiss. His hands dropped from face to my waist. I bit down gently on his bottom lip, causing him to slightly whimper, I took advantage and slipped my tongue into his mouth. My hands found their way into his hair as we forgot where we were. My heart definitely skipped a few beats and then some. He smelt of warm cinnamon and I was instantly intoxicated as he tightened his grip on me.

All too soon we had to split apart for air. Alex rested his forehead on mine as we caught our breath.

"What did I tell ya?" Alex asked with a shit-eating grin, "Well, technically we're still in the hallway" I giggled. Alex let out a low growl before picking me up bridal style and wrapping his fingers around the doorknob, opening the door. Oh, I'm so screwed now.

"What're you guys doing?" I heard the oh-so-innocent voice of one Presley Ryan echo from the start of the hall. We both froze, looked at each other, then back to Presley and at the same time blurted out less than convincing lies.

"Krystal hurt her ankle"

"We're rehearsing "

Alex and I looked at each other with the same confused expression at what the other had said. Presley burst into a fit of laughter before Alex and I soon followed suit after getting over the initial embarrassment and put me down "You guys should just date alreadyyyyy" Presley teased before excusing herself to go sort her own dressing room out.

"Well I guess Presley has spoken" Alex laughed, grabbing both of my hands in his own, " Krystal Parker, will you officially be my girlfriend?" "I would love to be your official girlfriend" I laughed embracing him and taking in his sweet scent yet again. "Perfect," he said kissing my forehead. "Mm yes, I think so" I replied snuggling further into his chest. He was right, this is perfect.

A/N:

Hey guys!

I'm glad I'm finally able to post this one as I've been sitting on it for quite a bit of time haha. Anyway other than that thank you for reading and as always feedback, suggestions and ideas are most definitely appreciated! I hope everyone's staying safe and healthy! ❤

One more thing, I'm currently writing a Beetlejuice x reader so any scenarios that you want to be a part of it, just flick me a message

- Coco xx

Milestone:

1.3k reads