Rose Tint My World

I leant into him and he put his arm around me and pulled me closer. We watched two episodes and were about to move onto the third when Alex paused it and without saying anything pulled me up to my feet. "Krystal, I've been wanting to do this since the moment I met you, and every time it's looked as though we were going to get it something would come up. You have no idea how much I wanted to kiss you in the car and it only got worse when we got home."

"Then why didn't you?" I asked curiosity getting the best of me "Because that wasn't the mood I wanted to be in when I kissed you for the first time. The car ride was me getting revenge on you and maybe being slightly bored with school talk, but anyway, the point is that was lust, it wasn't completely feeling-based"

"And how do you feel now?" I asked feeling bolder now than I was before.

Alex didn't answer me he just put his hand underneath my chin, leant down and his lips claimed my own. He was gentle as ever and it made my heart melt, all too soon he pulled back resting his forehead on mine. I put my arms around neck and reconnected our lips, this time it was deeper and I felt Alex's hand snake around my waist. He pulled me as close to him as he could and I could feel the smile on his lips. "You know how long I've wanted to do that?" Alex asked, "Well if you're anything like me, from the moment I met you" I answered with a giggle.

We fell back into the couch and I found myself in Alex's lap with him nuzzling the back of my neck "Alex that tickles" I giggled. I felt him smile and plant a kiss on my neck. We settled back down and continued with our marathon until I felt myself drift off to sleep on his chest.

It wasn't long until a knock on the front door resonated around the room. I heard it, but I wasn't awake enough for it to register. I felt Alex pry himself off me as he went to answer the door.

"I thought I told you I didn't want you here?"

"Oh sweetheart, I missed you"

"Just stop. You have to leave. Now"

"Not without-"

That was the last thing I heard before falling back into a slumber. The whole situation felt like a fever dream, but I still couldn't help being slightly concerned. I'll just ask Alex later anyway.

Slowly, my eyes fluttered open and I took in my surroundings, I wasn't on the couch anymore. I pushed myself up onto my elbows and looked around only to see a tired-looking Alex leaning against the door frame with two cups of, what I presumed, were coffee. That was all I managed to take in before I was hit by something white. More like SOMEONE white. Within seconds the little dog was licking me all over my face and pawing at the blankets. "Well I suppose Krystal meet Kevin" Alex laughed walking over to us, putting the cups in the dresser.

"Hi, Kevin! Aren't you a little cutie?" I cooed as I gave him a belly rub. "How're you feeling? I didn't want to wake you when I left to get Kevin from the dog sitters because you looked pretty out of it, so I left you a note, but I got back like half an hour ago and you were still asleep" Alex explained sitting down next to me. "Did you move me?" I asked confused, "Yeah, I thought you'd be comfortable here" he smiled picking up a cup and passing it to me "Here this might wake you up a little"

"What time is it?"

"9:30 in the morning"

"HOW LONG WAS I ASLEEP FOR?!?"

"Quite some time bubs" Alex laughed, "But don't worry I slept in my own bed" Oh, so I was in the guest room. Why would I have been worried about that? It's not like we hadn't done it before. Why did he have to be such a gentleman? Or maybe I was a novelty and he was over me already?

"I wouldn't have minded if you did, Alex," I said quietly looking over at him and taking a sip of my coffee.

"Well you weren't awake for me to ask if it was okay, now were you?"

I just looked up at him and smiled, how did I get so lucky? I mean I have one the best jobs in the world and I get to do it with a great bunch of people, one of which I may or may not be falling in love with, my roommate is- shit Ali. Oh boy is she gonna be pissed.

We have this safety thing just to make sure we're both okay. It's pretty simple if we're not going to be home, we let the other one know. Fairly easy right? You'd think so, as long as you're not me anyways, on top of being clumsy I'm also extremely forgetful. In my defence I was asleep though, so will I get a free pass? Absolutely not. I'm going to be slaughtered. Shit. Well the sooner I get home the less mad she'll be, right?

"Hey, Alex I'm really sorry for falling asleep, I didn't mean to intrude," I said looking down at my hands, "It's fine bubs, you can stay anytime"

"I should probably get going before Ali murders me, brings my sorry ass back to life just to murder me again" I groaned "Good luck with that darling, I'll drive you over if you want?" I completely forgot that we'd come here in an Uber and my car was still at home. I hugged Alex "Please! That would be great, you're too good to me, you know that right?"

On the way home, we stopped at a breakfast diner for a meal and pancakes and a milkshake to try and sweeten Ali up a bit and then continued on our way.

"You ready for this?" Alex asked holding my hand as we stood at the door.

"No, but better get it over and done with I guess" I replied opening the door and tightening my grip on Alex's hand, preparing for the onslaught.

"I see you've managed to remember where we live"

"I'm sorry Ali, I fell asleep at Alex's and completely forgot to text you"

"You got food?" She asked eyeing the bag on my arm.

"Of course" I passed her the bag and she smiled sweetly looking up at me "Okay you're forgiven, but do it again and I'll hang both of you on the clothesline by the toes. Understood?" she threatened, glaring at Alex, he gulped before answering "Understood".

"Alright, outta here Brightman, I gotta talk to my girl. But thanks for bringing her home safe" Ali said motioning to the door.

"Well I think that's my cue to leave then and of course, I won't ever let anything happen to her" my heart swelled at this. I got up on my toes and placed a quick kiss on his lips "Thank you"

"Anytime bubs," he said with a blushing creeping it's way onto his cheeks "I'll text you some of the stuff Timbers sent me when I get home, bye girls" waving Alex left through the front door.

"Okay. Spill"

A/N:
Hey guys,
Ahhhhhh omg this was probably the hardest chapter I've ever had to write. I knew what I wanted to happen it was just getting the ideas down I'm the right way you know? I hope this isn't too messy and you enjoy it, from here I know what the ending is, but the in between is kind of unclear to me. Actually that's a lie I've got the ideas, it's sequence that I'm unsure of. At least I have the next chapters idea though so thank god. Also I did accidentally post this while I was still editing it, so I'm sorry to those of you that got the notification. Thank you so much for sticking with this mess and hopefully the next one will be out soon! The support means the world!!

- Coco xx

Milestone:
470 reads