Definitely NOT the Mailman

It's been three days since I had coffee with, and last saw Alex. I think I miss him, is that bad?

What if I don't get the part? I might never see him again! I'll just be forced to go see the musical when it's finished and he'll probably have fallen madly in love with the girl that got Lydia. I'm literally in theatre. I'm allowed to be dramatic.

Okay, I need to breathe, it's not like it's been three whole days since you had your audition and heard nothing. Alex said they have a rehearsal/meeting next week so surely we should know by now. What am I gonna do? Do I drop by the theatre in hopes he's there? No, that's what a stalker would do.

I decided to get up and cook eggs on toast for breakfast. Once everything was ready I poured myself a cup of pineapple juice, grabbed my phone off charge, and sat on the couch.

The house that my roommate, Ali, and I chose is small, but nice. The kitchen, dining room, and the living room are open plan living and if you follow the split level stairs to the left is Ali's room, to the right is mine and straight ahead is the bathroom. The walls are burgundy with white trim and the theme throughout the house is nautical, which yes it's strange I know, but it's oddly cute and calming.

 The walls are burgundy with white trim and the theme throughout the house is nautical, which yes it's strange I know, but it's oddly cute and calming

With my back facing the front door, I started eating and scrolling through my Instagram when there was a knock that echoed around the apartment.

My roommate bolted past me before I was even able to get up. She opened the door with a grin on her face that quickly fell. "Oh, you're not the mailman," she said frowning "Ah yeah not quite, would a Krystal Parker happen to live here?" a male voice asked, echoing into the house. That was definitely a voice I thought I wasn't gonna hear for a while. "Yeah, she's-" "Shit" I muttered, I got up so fast I spilt pineapple juice all over myself, the couch and table. I'll clean that later. I turn around to face the door. It's really him. It's actually Alex. What do I say?

Wait. I'm in a bra and sweatpants. Well, this could be a problem. I spin around facing my back to him "Morning, Krystal... are you okay?" Alex asked with slight concern. "Oh, Alex yeah hey good I am " I blurt with my back still facing him. "Is now a bad time? Do you want me to come back later or something?" he said turning around so now we were back to back, just five metres apart. He must've noticed I didn't have a shirt on. "Um yeah if you wanna wait a couple of minutes I'll just get ready if that works?" I asked as my cheeks were blazing crimson "Sounds like a plan, bub". Bub? Okay then, it's pretty cute.

I walked up to my bedroom, with Ali in tow. "Well Missy Moo, who the hell is that?!" she whispered screamed in my ear. "That's Alex, he was at my audition the other day and we got coffee after," I told her as I was grabbed my clothes for the day. I decided to go with a white turtleneck, black and white plaid skirt, and thigh-high boots, "Thoughts?" I said looking towards Ali "Yes, I love that outfit on you! And I'm sure he will too" she replied winking. I laughed and kicked her out of my room.

I got dressed, walked through the house, and out the front door to where Alex was patiently waiting. "Wow you look stunning," he said with a slight blush on his face, "Thanks, I'm definitely more presentable than I was fifteen minutes ago," I say giggling, "I thought your whole routine in there was pretty cute," he said chuckling. My cheeks were dusted with pink for the second time that day.

"Wait, how do you know where I live?" I asked remembering that I hadn't told him "I may have pulled a few strings at the theatre and had a peek at your portfolio and lucky for me it was on there" he explained, quite clearly proud of himself. "So you're not a stalker then?" I asked giggling, "I'm afraid not" laughing, he continued "Anyways, I wanted to swing by and see what you were up to and if you felt like having a day out?" "That would be great!" I said a little too enthusiastically, but he didn't seem to notice.

"Well how about we go for a walk around Central Park and then lunch at The Loeb Boathouse?" He proposed with a beaming smile. "That sounds perfect! When do we leave?" I ask almost vibrating from the excitement "Now" he grabs my hand pulls me down the stairs and into his car. I fall back into the seat and the leather surrounds me, Alex walks around the front of the car, opens his door, gets in, and starts the car.

"Are you ready, bubs?" He asks looking over to me "More than ever" I smile back, resting my arm on the arm-rest between us. He reversed out of the driveway with a focus written all over his soft features. He was careful not to hit any of the garden gnomes that Ali had bought in a drunken stupor on her way back from a party one night.

About five minutes into the trip Alex subconsciously put his arm on the rest and jerked away when he felt mine already there. He put his arm back in his lap so I decided this could either be really cute or make for a very awkward car trip. I grabbed his hand from his lap and intertwined his fingers with mine. His eyes shot to mine, a smile on his lips. Then I put our still entwined hands on the rest.

For the rest of the trip, we joked and belted out tunes from Heathers, Wicked, Hamilton, SIX, and Burlesque. Every chance I got I stole a glance at him and I may be going crazy, but from the corner of my eye, it looked like he was doing the same thing. Occasionally his thumb would move his a circular motion on the back of my hand sending the butterflies in my stomach into a frenzy.

Safe to say it wasn't an awkward trip and soon he announced that we were only a few minutes away and that we should start looking for a good parking spot. "What about there?" I said pointing "Yup looks good as long as you don't mind a bit of a walk to the park" he replied, smiling "I'm okay as long as you are?" I stated smiling back "Well then it's settled".