Saturday 3

Word Count: 2395

~Saturday

Ace walked slowly, deliberately. He crossed the main hall at a good pace, his eyes trained on the massive chair at the top of the stairs.

As he made it close enough, he knelt down on one knee, which pressed against the cold marble.

"Sir."

He bowed his head, staring down at his shoe. Silence stretched across the room.

"You have failed me Ace," a voice said from behind the chair, embroidered with gold and red. Ace swallowed, but didn't move a single limb.

More silence.

"Juliette Kerson was placed in situation of danger due to your lack of guidance," they spoke again. Ace suddenly had a flash back to the day Maya tried to kill Juliette.

"Have you secured Maya Green's position?" His boss asked, his voice low and deadly.

"No Sir," Ace muttered, ashamed.

"Well that isn't good enough. I am afraid that if you do not protect Juliette to my satisfaction, then I will have to assign another Wolf to your position."

"I have come to believe that you feel something for Juliette, but her job is to be with Jaxon, not with you. Your job is to be Juliette's protector, to insure that our plan runs through smoothly."

"Yes Sir."

Ace clenched his fists, as he raised his head.

"Good. And whatever you do, don't allow Juliette Kerson to fall for you.

"Can you do me a tiny favor?"

Juliette glanced at Jazz, then back at her food.

"If it's that tiny, can't you just do it yourself?" Juliette asked, propping her elbow on the table so she could rest her chin on her hand. Jazz huffed, shaking her head.

"I want you to asked so Chase on a date."

"Excuse me?"

"I mean for me of course."

Juliette stared at Jazz for a few moments, wondering why on earth she was asking that. No way would Ace agree to go in a date with her.

"Nah," Juliette said simply, pretending to be interested in a piece of hair. Jazz frowned.

"Why not?" She asked, looking a little disappointed. Juliette sighed.

"In not going to ask him to date you," Juliette dismissed, rolling her eyes.

"Why, because you're jealous?"

Juliette turned her head toward Jazz slowly, her eyes narrowed. Jazz smirked at her.

"No. Look, I don't think he will be interested in dating," Juliette stated, picking her burger up. Jazz pouted slightly, before knocking the burger from Juliette's hand. She watched the contents tumble onto the table.

"Please, you and Jaxon can come as well! It will be like a double date," Jazz squealed, oblivious to the fact that she had knocked Juliette's lunch onto the table.

"Perhaps, but I can't imagine Ace...I mean Chase sitting at the same table as Jaxon," Juliette muttered, trying to resemble her burger. Jazz watched her in disgust.

"Convince them! For my birthday," Jazz pleaded. Juliette winced.

"It's you birthday?"

"Tomorrow."