Day Seven

Word Count: 2218

~Day Seven, Tuesday

"I swear this is illegal," Jazz whispered hoarsely, her eyes darting around the dark area. Juliette squinted toward her prize

"I'm pretty sure a night market isn't illegal Jazz," Juliette admonished, her fingers fondling the silky fabric of the blue dress.

"We will be on the run, criminals, culprits, delinquents!" Jazz exclaimed, her eyes wide and worried. Juliette rolled her eyes, grabbing the hanger of the dress and holding against her body.

Juliette had managed to convince Jazz to sneak out to an all night market at 2:30 in the morning. She needed a dress for Jaxon's birthday, and a birthday present.

Yes they had snuck out when they weren't supposed too. But Juliette knew she had no other time.

"Does this look good?" Juliette asked. The dress was just enough for her to afford on the card she obtained from her mother. They wouldn't miss what money she needed right?

"Yes yes, buy it and lets get out of here," Jazz said nervously. Juliette sighed, obliging.

The dress was nice enough, and it would have to do.

"What do I buy a Alpha King, who probably has everything?" Juliette asked. Jazz had originally agreed to come to the market with Juliette because she was happy for her and the King.

Now she could smell the danger.

"Oh you know what he really wants," Jazz teased nudging Juliette. She was momentarily distracted with the opportunity to taunt Juliette.

"What?" Juliette asked, genuinely confused. Jazz rolled her eyes, nudging her again as they made their way through the bustling market.

The market was meant for rogues, so they fitted right in. And for a night market, it was pretty busy.

"You know, don't play innocent with me," Jazz said. A bemused expression still on Juliette's features.

"He wants to sleep with you, silly," Jazz confessed, letting out a playful giggle. Juliette scrunched up her nose.

"He wants to sleep in my bed?"

Jazz smacks Juliette's shoulder.

"No, goodness me. Have you been under a rock dear Juliette? Locked in a castle high up in the sky?"

Juliette frowned. Jazz was just a confusing mess.

By four AM, Juliette had given up.

There was just nothing a cheap old rogue could get or a high and mighty King.

"So...you and the King huh."

Juliette's head shot up, her eyes darting around. She had fallen asleep right after Alpha Drakes morning training. He was a hard worker.

He loomed over her, his milky brown eyes gazing down at her with masked curiosity. She bit her lip.

"Complete misunderstanding," Juliette lied. Drake raised an eyebrow.

"So you kissed for no reason?" Drake asked. Juliette stared up at him, trying to get past his mask of impassive expression.

"I guess so," she answered carefully.

"So he just came up, and kissed you."

"Yes, okay." Jeez, what is his problem.

Well that's not what the news said this morning. Juliette's eyes widened. What was said about them?