Day Eight

Word Count: 1933

~Day Eight, Wednesday

"He's gonna...I'm gonna...he's gonna...we're gonna die!"

Jazz watched Juliette curiously, as she paced the room, the warm morning sun glowing over her tan skin. Juliete seemed to be nearly ripping her blonde hair out.

"I mean you can smell it right?" Juliette questioned. She already knew the answer, but she had been babbling for over ten minutes now, and no one would be stopping her now.

"You smell like pheasant, if Chris's scent was a perfume," Jazz mused, a slight smile on her face. Juliette groaned and flopped back on her bed.

"I hate my life!"

"No need to be over dramatic, what happened anyway?" Jazz asked. Juliette flushed at the graphic memory.

"Trust me, you don't want to know. He kissed me, now his scent is all over me. How on earth do I get an Alphas scent of me!" Juliette was getting desperate.

"Soap and water, that's the best bet. Perhaps a whole ton of perfume."

Worth a try.

*

"Tell me why hiding Chris's scent is so important?" Jazz whispered in Juliette's ear, as the pair stalked into class that morning. Juliette kept her eyes on her desk, not on Chris's.

She knew that today she would have to be vigilant.

She sat down, Jazz taking the seat beside her. Slowly Juliette raised her gaze to where she knew Chris would be.

But instead of sitting behind his desk, where he would usually have a pen in one hand, and his other hand would in his dark brown hair, he was standing in front of some girls desk.

Juliette knew her as Bella, a girl in her accelerate group.

Her uniform just seemed to fit better the Juliette's. Her hair was just longer and more silky then Juliette's. She was taller, leaner and slimmer. Her eyes were bigger and brighter then Juliette's. Her legs were longer, her skin more flawless. She was just better.

They were obviously flirting, it showed in the way Chris looked and smiled at her. She was playing along perfectly.

And Juliette was almost...jealous.

She groaned inwardly and slumped her head on the desk, waiting for the lesson to start.

The lesson went fine, and not once did Chris look at Juliette, not once did he even speak her name or ask her a question. And it annoyed her.

At lunch, Juliette sat alone with Jazz and Sara. Her and Sara had become quite good friends, mainly because Jazz and Sara's brother Cody would flirt often and it got rather dull to listen too.

"How come you have Alphas all over you, and I don't?" Jazz asked Juliette, while the girls sat eating their sandwiches. Cody was sitting right next to Jazz in front of Juliette, but Jazz chose this time to question Juliette.

"You can have them," Juliette said, heaving a big sigh. The way Chris had kissed her last night had confused her.

She didn't feel as enchanted and breathless as she had with Jaxon. Yet when he kissed her, she couldn't. So her plan was to keep as much space between herself and Chris.

And she had an idea on just how to do it.

"Miss Kerson."

Juliette shivered, knowing exactly who was behind her.