Day Five

Word Count: 2278

Heads up...

This is set after humans went extinct, and the Werewolf epidemic took over, if you get confused over the dates set! (:

~Day Five, Friday

"I am so sorry, I slept in."

Juliette stumbled into the hall, her fingers fumbling with her ponytail.

Alpha Kade turned to glare at Juliette as she hurried in. Jazz hadn't woken her, but left without her.

Alpha Kade's eyes blazed a oblivion black as she ran over to sit with the rest of the group. Juliette didn't sit by Jazz.

"Next time, expect punishment," he hissed, wringing his hands together. He didn't seem nice at all, but then again she had broken a rule.

"As I was saying class, I only have you for the morning. The afternoon will be spent with the Alpha King, who will be eliminating the first few students of the week," Kade said, a smirk playing on his lips.

Whispers and gasps filled the room, but Kade put a stop to it with a low growl.

"So first, a little history lesson about the Royal family," Kade said. His voice was dark and menacing, so it would be easy enough to listen.

Even if it did scare the shit out of her.

"Your King has ruled for five years, and you all probably know. He was born 2223, January 10th."

Wait, his birthday is next week. Juliette bit her lip, wondering how this would go down.

"Every year the Alpha selects very important people to attend his birthday celebration."

Juliette's heart skipped a beat. Kade silenced the squeals with another growl.

"Your original King died five years ago, forcing the young Alpha you know as your King, into the throne."

This was interesting, Juliette was intrigued.

"His younger brother, Alpha Drake became an instructor here. His sister died tragically," Kade said, his expression devastated.

A hand shot up.

"How did she die?" Some girl asked. Kade's swallowed.

This must have been kept a tight secret from the rogues.

"She committed suicide."

The group was still, Juliette's heart clenching. Jaxon had had a hard life.

For the whole morning Juliette sat, transfixed by the Alphas words. The Royal family was surprisingly interesting, and now Juliette felt closer to Jaxon then before.

At lunch, Juliette cornered Jazz.

"Seriously? Why didn't you wake me?" Juliette demanded, slamming her tray on the table. Jazz jumped.

"I'm sorry okay. I woke up early and went for a walk. I went straight to class, after," Jazz admitted, pushing her soup away. Juliette sighed, forgiving her.

Suddenly, a very solemn looking Alpha Chris caught Juliette's eye. He trudged across the cafeteria, his eyes scanning the crowd.

One eye looked bruised, but by the looks of it, it was fading. His green eyes met Juliette's.

He stalked over, a few people glancing up in interest. Including Jazz.

"Oh gosh, is that Alpha Chris?" She asked, her face bright with excitement. Juliette had no clue what he wanted.