𝚍𝚊𝚒𝚜𝚞𝚔𝚎 𝚔𝚊𝚖𝚋𝚎 || 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎

A/n: This will be short since it's just him asking y/n out !! (gender neutral ! reader)

Requested by: AlienForLife109

Date published: May 31, 2020

»»---------------------►

"Can we go get McDonald's," you asked your partner.

You were off on patrol with none other than Daisuke Kambe, sitting down in his car as he drove around the shopping district. You usually always paired yourself with Haru today you got lucky as the Chief put Haru and Kamei on a case. Not that your best friend since childhood was a bad person but you wanted to spend more time with Daisuke, despite being too shy to initiate it yourself. Although, you weren't sure if he actually liked spending time with you which made you insecure, or at least more than you already were. You wanted to ask him out but having Daisuke actually reciprocate your feelings? You doubted there was a chance when he was so monotone and stoic with you.

Daisuke simply looked at you before speaking, "HEUSC, purchase McDonald's."

"Wait, Daisuke-," you tried to speak before he cut you off.

"McDonald's is purchased," he simply responded before he turned down your street.

"I meant like, a meal," you sighed as you raked a hand through your hair, "Why would I need a company? But thanks, I guess?"

Daisuke didn't respond and just pulled into your driveway. You let out a sad sigh as you noticed his lack of response, making your heart silent scream. At this point, you were almost certain Daisuke disliked you.

"Goodnight, thank you for the ride home," you sadly muttered as you got out.

Daisuke watched you enter your home before he drove off, confused at your actions. He thought that you would be happy with the company yet you seemed to confuse him. Unlike the other girls, you didn't seem to show an explicit interest in him. He knew and understood his feelings for you but he didn't know how to initiate anything. He thought you would be the one chasing after him, just like it's always been. For once in his life, Daisuke was unable to get what he wanted. His money didn't work or his looks and he was too dense to realize he needed to act in order to get a date with you.

»»---------------------►

"Hello," you groggily answered the phone, not checking who it was.

Today was one of your days off and you did not want to be bothered but whoever called you had different plans, waking you up at 9 in the morning.

"Meet me at this location in 30 minutes," Daisuke's monotone voice spoke, waking you up.

"Wait," you quickly got out of bed and started heading to your closest, "What happened? What location? Are you okay, is it a case?"

"The location is being sent," Daisuke simply responded.

»»---------------------►

"There better be an emergency at this restaurant," you sighed as you looked out your car window.

You didn't have enough time to get dressed which left you in a pair of sweats and a hoodie, rushing out of the house for what you thought was an emergency. You also didn't check where the address belonged due to the panic you felt, although now you wished you did. You quickly parked your car and walked over to the front of the restaurant, noticing Daisuke stand by the door.

"What's happening-," you were quickly cut off by Daisuke.

"Come inside," was all he said as he held the door open.

You eyed him but he seemed unwavering so you did as he said, the male following behind you. Daisuke quickly picked up his pace and walked in front of you. He seemed to have already had a table as the waiters and waitresses paid him no mind as he leads you towards the back of the restaurant. You tried looking around for any suspicious activity yet there was any, so why were you two there?

"Our booth is here," Daisuke looked towards you before sitting down, causing you to sit down as well.

You waited for him to explain as you looked at the table, noticing it was prepared differently from the others. There was a bouquet of red roses in a white triangular vase and rose petals on the table, along with a singular rose upon both of your empty pristine white plates. It looked as if someone set it up as none of the other tables looked as nice, yours even having a white cloth, unlike the other red ones. You once again looked towards Daisuke for an explanation, only to find his eyes on you.

"What's the case? Are we trying to get information right now," you asked the male as you opened your menu, your eyes widening at the prices.

"I never said there was a case."

"Oh."

It was silent for a while after that, the two of you not saying anything. You could feel Daisuke's eyes on you as you looked to find the cheapest thing on the menu, not wanting to spend so much money on food. Daisuke might have an unlimited balance but you don't, and you weren't gonna let him pay for you.

"Wait," you blushed in realization, "Is this a date?"

"Yes," was his simple reply, as if he made it obvious, "Is this not how it works?"

You couldn't help but laugh as you looked at the male in front of you. You thought it was cute how oblivious he was to these situations, especially with how attractive he was. Who would've thought that Daisuke Kambe was unable to properly ask someone out?

"You're cute," you smiled at him.

And although he didn't respond to you, you could see a faint blush on his face as he tried to bring up his menu to discreetly cover his face.