𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚞 𝚔𝚊𝚝𝚘 || 𝚙𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎

A/n: fem! reader. This is a little short because I wanted to play with the idea of 'puppy love'

Requested by: -Natari (sorry it took so long 🥺)

Date published: May 18, 2020

»»---------------------►

"The sky looks so pretty," you sighed as you quickly glanced at your partner.

Your partner gave a 'woof' in response as his tail wagged. Unlike most of the officers in your group, you chose to patrol with your trusty partner Tomoe. He was a new addition to your group and you instantly took a liking to him, and he felt the same way. He was actually being tested as a police dog, your division wanting to see if they should invest in more Akita Inus, and you definitely hope they did. You always waked up and headed to the station early so you could spend time with him, practically adopting him as your own dog.

You were pulled out of your trance as you heard Tomoe barking, his paws making a frantic noise as he scammers down the sidewalk. You look to where he's running and spot a fellow officer, one in the Third Division. His outfit was unmistakably and you could tell him apart from anyone, whether it was due to your small crush on him or his outfit; you knew it was Haru Kato. The said man was swinging side to side, although not in a drunken manner. He looked sluggish as if he was tired, a coffee in his hands as he walked towards the edge of the bridge.

"Hey, wait," you yelled as you ran after him, noticing him getting closer to the railing.

Haru seems like he didn't hear as he sluggishly moved closer to the railing. You started springing as you saw part of him leaning over, managing to save him last second by pulling his arm back. Although, his coffee fell over yet that's the least of your concerns.

"Kato! What happened," you scolded the older cop as Tomoe barked.

"L-L/n," Haru asked as he finally snapped out of his trance, his eyes widening.

You sighed as you let go of his arm and placed your hand on his forehead, the male blushing.

"You're turning red and your face is warm," you worriedly cupped his face, oblivious to the effects of your action, "Are you sick?"

Truthfully he did have a slight fever and was tired from watching a suspect, but that wasn't the main cause for his face warming. Something about you being concerned for him and his heart flutter, despite barely knowing you.

"No, I was just tired from a case," he moved your hands off his and looked towards Tomoe, "Who is this? Didn't know we had dogs."

You smiled as you got on your knees and pet Tomoe who let out a bark in response, leaning closer to your touch, "This is my new partner Tomoe. We might be getting dogs soon but he's the first. You can pet him if you'd like, he's not that mean unless he needs to be."

"Takahashi wasn't a good partner huh," Haru chuckled as he kneeled to pet Tomoe, the dog happily licking his hand.

"Takahashi was annoying," you muttered, "He wasn't a fun partner to patrol with. I'd pick this ball of fluff over him any day."

Haru just laughed as he pets Tomoe, looking at your smile. He quickly looked away as you glanced up and him before getting up, him following suit. Both of you didn't know what to say so you stood there for a while before Tomoe started walking towards a couple on the bridge.

"Looks like your partner is ready to leave," Haru chuckled.

"Yeah," you peaked over Haru's shoulder to see Tomoe picking up his pace, "Looks like he thinks they're suspicious so I have to go, are you fine though? You can come with us and then I can take you back to the station?"

Haru waved his hands in front of him as his face was frantic, "I'm fine! Go to your partner and see what's wrong L/n, but thank you."

You nodded as you jogging towards Tomoe, not wanting to leave. The conversation might be awkward but it was a conversation with him, and you wanted it to continue. You decided to try and be bolder because there was no point in not trying.

"Well, if you do need help walking on bridges," you laughed as you turned around to face him, "Come find me some time okay?"

Haru shoved his hands in his jacket pockets as his flustered expression didn't leave. He might not need your help anytime soon, but he was planning to use this as an invitation to get to know you. Maybe it was just puppy love, but he definitely felt some romantic feelings towards you that he wanted to explore. Fortunately for him, you felt the same.