𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚞 𝚔𝚊𝚝𝚘 || 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚊𝚕

A/n: Another fem! reader request! :) I hope you enjoy it <3 (Also this one is short cause I wanted to focus on solely the proposal)

Requested by: kouyou_

Date published: May 10, 2020

»»---------------------►

"Don't let go of my hand," you frantically yelled as Haru tried to skate away from you.

Haru sent you a teasing smile as his hand let go of yours and he maneuvered in front of you, now skating backward to look at you. You tried to regain your balance, causing Haru to grab your hands in an attempt to save you from falling. Luckily, he managed to do so and you were back to skating normally.

"Thanks," you blushed, embarrassed at how poorly you skated.

Haru brought you here for a date, saying it would be good to experience ice skating outside of Japan too. The two of you were currently in New York for vacation, surprisingly prompted by Haru. You noticed that he's been acting a little weird since the suggested the vacation, wanting to go out often and an increase in romantic gestures. It's not that you disliked it but you knew Haru didn't like showing too much PDA or publicizing your relationship, meaning his recent actions were definitely unusual.

"Be more careful," Haru sighed, "I don't want you to get hurt and make me carry you to the hotel."

"You're the one who let go of my hand after I told you not to," you scoffed and tried to pull your hands away from his, only to stumble and quickly grab onto him again.

Haru let out a small chuckle as he saw your flustered face, admiring you. Truthfully, Haru was acting differently as he was planning on a way to propose to you. He wanted to make this something memorable, something the two of you could look back at and be overcome with the same emotions you felt during the proposal. He wanted to make this vacation the best possible memory the two of you had together, other than your wedding of course. Each day leading up to today was filled with romantic dates, the two of you never staying in your hotel room for anything other than sleep. It was now the last day of your vacation and he knew he has to pop the question, he was just nervous.

The two of you have spoken about marriage before, both of you agreeing it would be nice to get married to one another, he was just scared. Even if the chance was slim, you could still say no to him and that stressed him out. You could say you love him and wish to marry him, but would you say yes to his proposal? Despite being in a steady relationship for 5 years, he thought you might consider it too soon. Overcome with his thoughts, Haru didn't notice the two of you were approaching the curve with lead to him falling down, almost dragging you with him.

"Are you okay," you worriedly asked, thinking he might've injured himself.

Haru looked away in embarrassment before he reached into his jacket pocket, and straightened himself out so he was on one knee. Maybe this was the universe telling him to just go for it? Your eyes widened at first before convincing yourself he was just getting up from his fall, however that wasn't the case.

"I was hoping it would go better than this," he sighed as he brought out a small black velvet box, "But I'm already on my knees so..."

You looked at him in shock as a small crowd formed to watch the proposal, not believing it was happening. You instantly grabbed the nearby railing for support as you looked at your boyfriend, who had his head turned away from you with a faint blush on his face.

"Y/n, I didn't know I could love someone as much as I've grown to love you. Every time things get rough, I can look at your smiling face, and suddenly everything is fine. You've changed my life for the better and put up with me even when I'm being unreasonably stubborn. You have a heart of gold and I can't help but be drawn to you. I'm glad I transferred to the Third Division because I wouldn't have met you if I hadn't. I never really believed in soulmates, but as you stand in front of me I've realized I found mine," he let out a small chuckle as he finally turned to face you, opening the box so the ring was on display, "L/n Y/n, will you marry me?"

You meekly nodded as you heard the cheers from behind you, the crowd congratulating you despite not even understanding what Haru said. All they had to see was him on one knee and they knew, love not having language barriers. Haru quickly got up, almost falling due to the ice being slippery, and placed the ring on your finger.

"Kato Y/n," Haru mumbled before he placed a chaste kiss to your lips, "I like that."