𝚍𝚊𝚒𝚜𝚞𝚔𝚎 𝚔𝚊𝚖𝚋𝚎 || 𝚝𝚑𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛

A/n: This is such a cute idea ahh <3 This was easy for me to write (at least the fear part) because I'm scared of thunder too :0

Requested by: shoutoo

Date published: May 24, 2020

»»---------------------►

Daisuke silently sat in the passenger seat of Haru's car, watching the jewelry store from the parking lot. There were a series of robberies in the shopping district and the officers there were unable to discover who it was, leading to Haru and Daisuke being put on the case. They've worked with each other enough now to not argue every second, but the car was filled with only the noise of rain pouring as they sat and observed the jewelry store and stores around it. Although, both were focused on the jewelry store as it seemed more logical for a robbery.

Daisuke, however, had other things on his mind as he aimlessly looked at the store. The rain was continuing to aggressively pour and he worried that it would become a thunderstorm, especially while he was still on a case. He would often lean towards the window and look up to check, causing Haru to look at him.

"Don't want your suit to get ruined in the rain," Haru scoffed.

Daisuke simply looked at the man and didn't respond, irritating the older male. Haru was about to say something when they heard a window being smashed and thunder rumble, both men reacting yet to different sounds. Haru immediately shifted his attention to the stores, trying to figure out which one was broken into, while Daisuke pulled out his phone in attempts to call you. However, you were already a step ahead and called Daisuke, his phone ringing for less than a second before he picked up.

"What are you doing," Haru became aggravated, seeing the man pick up his phone.

Daisuke simply didn't respond and focused on you, his concern for you overwhelming him.

"D-Daisuke," he heard you whimper, "Are you-"

You yelped as the thunder rumbled again, Daisuke hearing rustling as you moved under the covers.

"Are you busy-"

"Get off the phone and focus on the case," Haru unknowingly cut you off as he yelled at Daisuke

"Oh," you trailed off before Daisuke heard a sharp inhale and the sound of thunder, "N-Nevermind, good luck Daisuke! I love you."

Right before you hung up he heard another yelp and the line went flat. Daisuke instantly opened the car door and ignored Haru and the case because you were more important to him, and he knew how badly you were scared of thunder. Haru looked at Daisuke in shock, wondering what person could throw him off the case. You and he have never met and Daisuke didn't talk about your relationship as he saw it didn't concern others so Haru had no idea Daisuke was speaking to his girlfriend.

"You bastard," Haru scowled at the man and grabbed his arm, "Where are you going?!"

"Y/n needs me," was his simple reply as he pulled his arm away and shut the door, walking over to his car and ignoring Haru's questions.

»»---------------------►

"It's just thunder Y/n," you whispered to yourself as you held your knees to your chest, "It's just noise."

Despite trying to reassure yourself, you couldn't help but tear up and cower every time you heard it. You were embarrassed by the fear as well, not telling anyone about it. You didn't even tell Daisuke, he figured it out himself as soon as you two moved in together. He was always your anchor during these times and kept you calm but as luck would have it, he was busy. At least, that's what you thought as you shifted yourself so you were laying down, hands covering your ears.

Daisuke entered soon after yet you were unable to hear him as you tried to calm yourself down. Daisuke took his tie and suit jacket off before he walked over to where you were, your figure being covered by the blankets on your shared bed. Daisuke wasted no time in pulling the covers off of you and sitting on the bed, leaning against the headrest as he lifted you up and placed you on his lap. You shifted to look up at him before the thunder rumbled again, your head being buried in his chest. He silently wrapped his arms around your waist. pulling you closer as you grabbed his dress shirt.

"HEUSC," Daisuke spoke, up and more thunder rumbled, "Play music, volume 45."

Music soon filled the silence as the two of you held each other close, the both of you opting to say nothing at all. No words needed to be exchanged for the two of you to feel comfort, Daisuke's presence being enough to calm you down. And for the rest of the storm, the two of you stayed still, silently absorbing the presence of one another.