𝚍𝚊𝚒𝚜𝚞𝚔𝚎 𝚔𝚊𝚖𝚋𝚎 || 𝚘𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜

A/n: fem! reader. I need to do oneshots for my bts oneshots book soon (haha you guys should check it out; oops self-promo) but something about Daisuke and Hau make me write these instead.

Requested by: shoutoo I know I said it would take a while but I woke up at 3am because I really wanted to write this so here it is lol

Date published: May 13, 2020

»»---------------------►

"I got this," you whispered to yourself as you were walking towards your office, "I just have to confess to Daisuke without Haru seeing. Also, don't get rejected. God, I hope I don't get rejected."

You had convinced your brother, Haru Kato, that the Chief called you to head into work early. Truthfully, you noticed how Daisuke always arrived before you two and wanted to talk to him without your brother arguing with the ravenette. Despite whatever relationship the two of them had with each other, which definitely wasn't a good one, you couldn't help but fall for the sadistic male. You knew if Haru knew what you were about to do, he definitely would try and stop you which is why you had to lie to him.

Over the course of the last few months, you started developing feelings for him. You weren't why but there was something about him that made your heart race, despite him being an enigma. You two conversed, not that often due to your brother's overprotectiveness, but they were never serious enough for you to consider them meaningful to both parties. The male was also stoic unless he had a sadistic smirk on his face, not giving you any insight if he liked you back. Although there was practically no chance of him liking you back, you were desperate to get it off your chest. Your brother always told you to go for it because you'd regret not doing so, although you don't think he would like you to use the advice in this situation.

"What," you heard the ravenette asked as you got closer to the Third Division's office.

"Kambe-sama, I like you," you heard a female's voice, "Please give me a chance."

You quickly approached the corner and peaked your head out, trying to remain hidden. To the left of the office door, Kambe stood with a woman in front of him. His back was facing you but you saw the woman clearly, recognizing her as a Second Division member. Her face was lightly tinted red as she looked towards the man. She was immensely pretty and you've heard good things about her, making your heart clench. Why would Daisuke like you of all people or accept your confession when someone like her was confessing to him? You're a police officer who's scared of holding a gun, just like your brother. And your brother was a whole different topic; why would Daisuke want to date someone who is related to someone who yells at him and argues with him?

"Maybe this is a sign," you sighed as you turned around and walked away.

You decided to go to the cafe and get something for you and Haru, not wanting to face Daisuke. Although if you stayed for a second longer, you would've heard Daisuke reject the girl. He didn't have feelings for anyone but you, although he was terrible at showing it. You were also at fault though, not allowing for him to reject the girl. There was something about him that threw away your ability to reason, although you didn't mind. Despite hating how much control he had over your emotions, you wouldn't have it the other way; if only you knew he felt the same.

»»---------------------►

"Hey, wait," you yelled in shock as Daisuke grabbed your arm and pulled you aside.

The two of you just finished interrogating a suspect, Haru and Chosuke interrogating his partner. This was a perfect time for Daisuke to ask about what's bothering you, not understanding your behavior for the past week. You've been distant from Daisuke this past week and have been shutting down conversations with him, much to Haru's delight. You honestly didn't mean to behave like this, it's just that you didn't know how to act around him. In your mind, you already got rejected and it made you wish to distance yourself from him. However, Daisuke clearly didn't appreciate that.

"What are you doing," you huffed, "We should head to the observation room and gather information from Haru-"

Daisuke quickly cut you off, removing your arm from his grasp, "What did I do?"

"Huh," you asked, trying to play stupid.

Although you didn't mean to distance yourself, you knew Daisuke was referring to how you stopped speaking with him as much.

"You seem tense around me," he looked into your eyes, "Why?"

"I..," you froze, "It's nothing it's just.."

You stopped for a second think of what to say, debating on making up an excuse or telling him the truth. You opted for telling him the truth, wanting to at least get the feelings off your chest. You knew that getting rejected directly would be your best bet, allowing for you to get over him quicker. Indirect rejection took longer, you knew that from experience. And currently, you would rather have a broken heart now than constant heartaches.

"I wanted to confess to you that day," you huffed as you looked down, not wanting to look him in his eyes, "That day that Second Divison girl did. She beat me to it and that's fine, I understand why you would pick her over me. Not that I listened in, I just heard her confession and you two seem like a good match so I just assumed so. I mean, what chance would I have confessing after someone like her?"

Daisuke quickly stopped your rambling by lifting your chin with his hand, making you face him. A sadistic smirk was plastered on his face you while your cheeks quickly reddened. You were stammering as Daisuke leaned closer, now being able to feel his breath.

"And Kato thinks I don't get everything I want," Daisuke smirked before crashing his lips onto you.

You were too shocked to kiss back, feeling Daisuke's smirk on your lips as he moved his hands to cup your face. You quickly composed yourself and kissed back, holding arms to keep yourself from falling. Your knees felt weak and all the oxygen left your lungs as you kissed the man you fell for. You nearly forgot that Haru and Chosuke would be exiting the interrogation room soon.

"You bastard," you heard Haru yell as a door slammed open, "What're you doing with my sister!"