Chapter 18

Y/N's POV

After Kyojuro and I confessed our feelings we are officially dating now. Well we still didn't yet announce that we are dating, the only one who knew about us is Ayano, Senjuro and Oyakata-sama. Of course we can't hide anything from my father, we also asked  him not to tell yet and let the others know for themselves. Also the other pillar will know about us sooner or later.

As  much as I want to have a time with Kyojuro I have a mission with Ayano. Well as  a pillar you will receive lots of mission, we rarely had some free time. Also Kyojuro had a new mission for him to do and it was a  solo one. Yes we are dating but that doesn't change the fact that we are really busy.

So let's change the topic, our mission for today is to eliminate the demons who stayed in a forest. Also the demon slayers that was sent to the place didn't even return. Lots of demons are active everyday and also I bet Muzan already made a new lower moon after we defeated two of them. And I already knew that we are gonna face a lower moon today.

I didn't even face an upper moon for four years, it's not like I want to fight them but I'm just curious on why they don't appear. The other pillars was also thingking thesame, they didn't even faced an upper moon. It seems like they are really hiding some place where we can't easily detect them.

" Y/N-sama, can I ask a question?" Ayano spoke making me face her, she was still showing an emotionless face,  like Giyuu who is also emotionless. But I'm amazed he let himself get  teased by Shinobu. I smiled and nod as an answer to her question. " Are we going to face lots of demon today?"

" Hmm, I don't know yet but I'm sure we will face a lower moon." I replied, she then humned in response and didn't said anything. I just smiled, she really don't talk to much but I knew she will change after some time.

*****
It's already dark when we arrived to the forest, it was covered with fog making it more creepier. Also I can sense demons lurking around the forest, I then signaled Ayano making her nod as we jumped on the branches while moving forward. I saw some ripped uniform hanging in some branches and also some of them are dead bodies.

We ignored them as we focused in entering the forest, we are already used to see some dead demon slayers. I feel bad for them, but it's too late. I stopped making Ayano stopped also, I slowly pulled my sword as I clenched it. My eyes just saw a demon eating a body below, the fog is covering it but my keen eyes fan see it.

I then tilt my head and saw two more demon eating also making me face Ayano and point the direction of the other demon. She nod as she also pulled her sword, as soon as we enter three demons already showed themselves. I didn't hesitate and dashed towards the first demon I saw, he noticed me but I was fast enough to cut his head.

I then heard two scream of the demon so I smiled knowing that Ayano already finished the rest. Still, they are not the only demon who are staying in here. I jumped back as I sense an attack making an explosion. My eyes saw a morphed demon with long horns and sharp teeth. He didn't stop and attacked me again, I ducked down to avoid his arms as I swinged my sword cutting it.

I took that chance and used the first form of the water breathing. He screamed in pain as he crumbled, I sighed and run towards Ayano. She already killed three demon and also all of them are a normal demons. I can't sense any lower moon so it means this forest is full of morphed and normal demons.

" Listen Ayano, let's separate. This forest is full of demon, that's why lots of demon slayer was killed cause they can't kill them all." I said explaining everything, she nod making me smile. I decided to proceed east making her run towards west.

I already knew the reason why lots of demon slayer died, there are too many demons for them to face. That's why Oyakata-sama decided to sent us here to fully eliminate the demons who are staying in here. Even if the sun is up they can't be killed because the fog is protecting them. I sighed this will really take long for us to defeat all the demons in here.

" Breath of water, Second form: Water wheel." I spins my body making a circular attack, a demon just appeared so I didn't hesitate to use my attack cutting his head before proceeding again.

We may not face a twelve kizuki but this mission is tiring. Because we will kill lots of demon without stopping, I bet Ayano already killed lots of demon. A demon then appeared making me jumped higher before using the first form of water breathing and cut his head. This is really endless, but still I didn't stop and continued running.

*****
I already killed many demons in the way and it's already morning but because of the fog covering the sun I still meet some demons. I ducked down before swinging my sword cutting the demon's arm before it's head. I started panting, I'm already tired. I hope this will end, I can't even count how many demons did I killed already.

But I sighed in relief when I can't sense any demon anymore. The fog is also disappeared as the sun lights the whole forest, I don't know why it vanished so suddenly but still I'm happy that the sun can shine the forest. I then saw Ayano running towards me, she had some light bruises in her face but she is fine. I smiled widely before ruffeling her head.

" As expected to my tsugoku." She didn't said anything and smiled, we decided to go back in the estate to report our mission. Also as expected the mission took a day for us to finish it. Now that the mountain is already free and no fogs can be seen already, I ordered Kai to call some kakushi to clean the fallen demon slayers in the forest.

They responded easily and started cleaning the place before we totally left the mountain. I take one last glance to the forest and if I'm not mistaken I saw a flower blooms on the ground. I just smiled and ignored it as I followed Ayano who is walking infront of me.

She really did a great job, after I train her for almost a year she became strong and also can use two breathings like me. She may not capable to use all forms of the Sun breathing but I'm happy that she still can use five  of them. It means she can also surpass me if she will master it all. I may retire earlier if that happens, thingking about me really makes me giggle.

Well Ayano is really strong, but I don't want her yet to become a pillar. She is too young to become one, I then stretched my arms. I wonder if Kyojuro is also done in his mission, I can't really wait to hug him tightly. He maybe eating his pack foods that Senjuro made or even stopped in a village to watch a sumo wrestling competition.

I can't really wait to see him, oh yeah how about Giyuu? I heard Oyakata-sama give him a long mission, is he doing fine? I was really worried when I heard that he didn't ate his food last week and he shuts himself. He can't even let me give him some servants to help him but he prefers to be alone. He still didn't move on in Sabito and Makomo's death.

I feel bad in not visiting their grave which Urokodaki-san made but I guess I'll visit them also Urokodaki-san. Also Giyuu told me that Urokodaki-san had a new student and he survive in the final selection. I wanted to meet that boy but I don't even saw his appearance.

Well, I still had many chances in meeting him, even if Giyuu can't tell me his appearance. I know I can find that boy.

*******