Chapter 3

Y/N's POVIt's been a month since I came to train and I learned many things from Urokodaki-san. He taught me how to control my breath, sent me into the forest again while avoiding traps, throw me in the falls, make me run again, teach me combat battles, and more. The whole month was a hell of training, and also I didn't forget to help the other three with their studies.

" Keep swinging!" Urokodaki-san yelled while sternly looking at me. What am I doing right now? I keep on swinging a wooden sword a thousand times. I know my soul is shouting right now and wanted to go out but I can't give up. I even lost my counting cause I can't think straight right now.

This is way harder than my swing training with Gyomie-san. He is such a kind person that he can't let me swing a thousand times. But what did I expect, Gyomie-san is not Urokodaki san and Urokodaki-san is not Gyomie. Did father also do the same? I then heard a clap making me stopped from swinging and kneeled while panting. I keep on swinging for half a day, and it's getting dark already. I slowly stand up while tiredly putting back the wooden sword and face Urokodaki-san.

" Tomorrow, time to change your training." Hearing him say that made my heart thump in happiness. The swinging sword will be gone already and I will not suffer anymore. " I'll tell you the details tomorrow. Now go and rest Y/N-sama." He said as he left me, I didn't say anything and entered the house. I saw the three studying again while keeping on writing kanji words.

Urokodaki-san told them to learn how to write cause demon slayers need it. I just smiled and entered the room to get my clothes before entering the bathroom. I need to be clean first before teaching them, I was shocked that the bathtub is ready and the water was warm. I slowly tilt my head to face Makomo who is happily writing. I smiled, I knew she prepared this for me. I then closed the door and soaked myself in, I sighed in relief when my body touched the warm water. It's refreshing and it relaxed my body, I started humming while hurriedly washing my body.After a minute of staying in the bathroom, I went out to clean and fully dressed. I approach the three who are still studying, but they seem didn't notice me cause they are too focused. I checked their writings but I giggled when I noticed a misspelled in Sabito's work.

" Sabito, your spelling is wrong," I said making Sabito look at me while pouting as he checked his work still can't figure out what's the word that misspelled. I slowly approach him as I point out the wrong word.

" Change this letter to 'i' so it can be read to ' misfortune'." Sabito hummed in amazement and I knew he already understand it.

" Are you sure about this Y/N, for helping us to study? I know you're tired from the training." Giyuu said while worriedly looking at me, I smiled and shooked my head.

" No it's fine, don't worry," I replied while checking his work he keeps on repeating questions every time I started teaching them, and I smiled. He did great, the way he spelled the words are perfect. Giyuu may be a shy person but he is also good at studying. Makomo and Sabito also are good but sometimes Sabito misspelled some words. But of course, I knew he will improve tomorrow.

After they finished writing, I started explaining to them the ranks of the demon slayer and how to become a pillar. And of course, I explained to them everything I learned from Oyakata-sama. While staying on the estate, I also asked him sometimes. It's easier than making them read all the books, I'm also happy that they are listening to everything.

Urokodaki-san also was cooking food and helping me to answer their questions. When the dinner is done, I still explained to them all while eating. I didn't miss any information I knew, and also I didn't forget to explain some of the pillars of the estate. Of course, I tell them about Gyomie-san proudly, I wonder if he was having a mission or not training.

" Woah, I learned many things. Thanks to you Y/N." Sabito said with a wide smile on his face. I also smiled and shooked my head, will they don't need to thank me I was just doing the right thing.

" Time to sleep, Y/N-sama still needs to train tomorrow. Also, it's time for the three of you to start training." Urokodaki-san said making all of us look at each other with a smile. We then stand up entering our room before I giggled and hugged them all.

" I'm happy that the three of you will start training," I said while trying not to shout, they all smiled while nodding.

" Let's just sleep now, or else Urokodaki-san will punish us," Sabito said making us nod our heads and prepare ourselves for bed.*******It's already morning and my training started already. I need to fight Urokodaki-san, if I touch him then I'll win if I lose then I need to swing a wooden sword while hitting a stick. I even felt happy that the swinging of the sword will be gone but it became my punishment. I just sighed while holding my sword, after this training Urokodaki-san will train Sabito and the others.

" Let's start." Urokodaki-san signaled to make me dash towards him, I then used force to swing my sword aiming at him but he avoided it. He also aimed his sword at me but I used mine to block it before ducking down using my feet to trip him. He jumps up while backing away, he is hard to touch.

But I don't want to be punished, Ihate swinging my sword so I need to touch him. The training kept on going, but I still didn't touch him. Thanks to my keen eyes I can see his sword coming toward me. I widened my eyes when fastly aimed his sword at me but I manage to avoid it. I used the opportunity to touch him, and I used everything I had. But before I aimed at him my feet tripped making me fall.

I nearly had him, but I can't avoid being clumsy sometimes! I sat up while pouting, I can't avoid punishment and swinging a sword a thousand times. I then felt a tap on my shoulder making me face Urokodaki-san. Here it is, punishment for being clumsy.

" You did well, Y/N-sama. You win." He said making me widen my eyes and blinked them. What is he saying? Did I win, but I didn't even touch him? " Your fast reflexes made you win, I'm amazed. I think you can easily finish this training in one year." He said while gently pulling me up.

" What do you mean, Urokodaki-san?" I asked while tapping my clothes removing the dust on them.

" If you train one year and passed on the final selection, you will be easily ranked into Tsuchinoe." He explained, my eyes slowly widened in amazement. Tsuchinoe is one of the higher ranks, it's rank three. " And you easily controlled your breathing, I can't believe you improve in just a month." He continued, I smiled and didn't say anything. To be honest I don't know what to reply to.

" But the final stage for your training will take you a long to complete. Follow me." He said making me follow him, we started entering the forest again but this time I saw a big boulder of rock in front of me. I didn't even notice it while I was training on this mountain.

" Urokodaki-san what are we doing here? Am I going to run again?" I asked nonstop, he then point at the rock making me face it.

" Cut that boulder, if you cut it then you already passed to my training." He said, my eyes widened. Before I opened my mouth he already left me, why do I sense deja vu? Oh, I remember he also did the same when he tested me before accepting me here. But seriously how can I cut that boulder, I just shooked my head as I gripped my sword and aim the boulder.

As the sword touched it, my whole body was electrified when my sword touched it. I backed away a little before dashing towards it again trying to cut it, but it didn't even show any scratch. I repeated it many times until I stopped to rest. My hand is trembling now and also it hurts. I just sighed, if I can't cut that boulder it means I'm still weak. I stand up while facing the boulder sitting in front of me.

I knew my father didn't also cut this bolder on his first try or even he didn't cut it after trying many times. The only thing to do is to make myself stronger before I cut it in half. I raise my head as I look up at the sky with a smile.

" Father, please give me strength," I whispered before facing the boulder again with a determined smile. " I'll cut you in half," I said while turning my back. I'll train more and more for me to become stronger and also to cut that boulder. I will surpass my father and become a pillar just like him. And for me to come back home alive just what I promised to my family on the estate.

*******