••34••

These days, he was used to wake up to a cold bed.

Hyunjin eventually pulled away from them, shutting them out one by one. As hard as it was falling asleep at night, he had no choice but continue.

They were just using him. They never told him they loved him and he doubted the things they had told him was true. He wished it wasn't that way.

Why couldn't he be normal? Have a normal life, grow up, fall in love....

He wished they had never met. That he wasn't so weak for them, even with the knowledge they are going to kill him.

Do you want to die for love?

Outside, the snow slowly fell down over the lawn, thick and white as he sat in his dark room, looking through the window. As usual, he was alone.

With the promise of cuddling later, Seungmin had snuck away through the door to go to "work".

He wondered if they were planning something. The air between them was tense, yes, but they had tried to gain his trust again. What were they playing?

They never talked about the escape but wouldn't show any reaction to him being near the door either. Maybe they was testing him.

He hated the fact that they could read him just like an open book.

Leaning his forehead towards the cool window glass, Hyunjin heaved a sigh. The no phones rule seem to stand, through they left him any other device without numbers. The dance room was always open, as if it waited for him.

By now, the raven already visited all their rooms. He was aware of the rooms in the mansion and spent most of his days sneaking out of his room to explore anyways.

Hyunjin knew they watched him with the hidden cameras, he couldn't bring himself to care. Just on time for their arrival home, he would lock himself away again and fall asleep.

Jeez, he'd start to look like one of his hyungs.

Thinking about the others, he felt his heart tighten. Hyunjin didn't have that many friends but he knew his brother had lots. In their old hometowns, if he had the courage enough, he had friends. But they probably forgot him by now.

He had been so close yesterday.

So close he could've just reached out and call the other's name. Yet, he wondered why he didn't do it? Was he scared? Or was it because of those stupid feelings?

Two days earlier.

He giggled lightly as Felix pouted, having ice cream on his nose. The taller couldn't help but think it looked adorable.

Felix's eyes glistened as they walked side by side near the lake. It felt like old times again, when he had this warm feeling in his chest looking at them. The rest of the world ignored them, almost as if they hadn't noticed Hyunjin was that boy who disappeared months ago.

He hadn't even seen a single report on news, grumbling on why his hyungs hadn't reported to the police yet.

If there wasn't something else going on.

The night he disappeared, Hyunjin barely got any explanation. Enough, but not all of it. He doubted it was that information those eight wanted from him.

However, with Taeyong always looking over his shoulder and Eunjeong glancing out of the window every minute, he was sure they weren't as innocent as the rest of the world thought they'd be.

Jinyoung wasn't either. He had to find out what happened, who his parents really were. Yeji died that night, along with them.

No matter what, he would find out.