Killer Truths: Chapter Twenty - Seven ~ Turmoil

Killer Truths [A Harry Potter Fan-fiction]

** I don't own the Harry Potter world, characters or places. They belong to J.K. Rowling. Now, enjoy this chapter. I must also add that this story is coming to a close soon. Only a few more chapters! ES <3 **

Chapter Twenty – Seven ~ Turmoil

“Blaise, come here for a second,” Neville called his partner over from the kitchen. “I need to talk to you.”

Blaise looked over from his seat on the couch and when he noticed Neville’s strained expression, he quickly got to his feet and walked over. His eyebrows were furrowed and his dark eyes were watching him. Neville sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair and leaned against the counter, stressing. Blaise stopped in front of him and grabbed him around the waist, pull him into an embrace.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“I’m… well, I reckon I’m nervous.” Neville mumbled his eyes downcast.

“I reckon you have reason to be.” Blaise sighed.

“It’s just…I haven’t been involved in something like this in Merlin only knows how long. I got out of this line of work ages ago. I’m just a professor now; Herbology isn’t going to solve any of these problems.” He frowned.

Blaise frowned as well. “You don’t suppose there is some kind of plant to end this?”

Neville smacked his arm. “I’m being serious, Blaise!”

Blaise chuckled as he hugged Neville tightly, “I know, I know. Listen, yes, this isn’t our kind of thing but Ginny, right now, she doesn’t need another hit – wizard or Auror. She has enough of that already. I bet she doesn’t need any of that. Honestly, between her and Draco, they could take over the world. Not to mention, look at their child. Amélie, with both of them in her, could take over the world on her own.” The black man snorted, “No, darling, what Ginny needs right now is her best mate. We both know that, even though she isn’t showing it, she’s scared. That hit – witch, crazy, dangerous, redheaded she-devil is all show. Inside there’s a really big soft – bloody hell!” Blaise cursed as something painfully hit the back of his head.

He turned back, Neville still in his arms, to see Ginny standing behind him, her arms crossed and a menacing expression on her face.

“What the hell was that for, you –” Blaise hissed then cursed again as another hand came out of nowhere and smacked him in the back of head. “For the love of Merlin, stop hitting me!”

“Don’t talk to me like that.” Ginny said at the same time as Draco hissed, “Don’t talk to her like that.”

“Well, don’t gang up on me!” Blaise glared.

Neville chuckled.

“Plus,” Blaise released Neville to stand in front of the couple, “you shouldn’t eavesdrop. It’s rude.”

“Did he just say that?” A voice asked from the living room. Blaise recognized it as Amélie and couldn’t help but smirk at the little redhead.

“I wasn’t eavesdropping. I was getting myself a Butterbeer. You shouldn’t talk about people behind their backs, Blaise Zabini.” Ginny glared.

“I was comforting my partner, you mad witch!” Blaise turned around and pouted.

Neville smiled and then leaned over and gently brushed his lips against Blaise’s. “Thank you. I really needed that.”

“Seriously, Neville, I just need you to be you.” Ginny whispered behind them.

“Who wasn’t eavesdropping, again?” Blaise wondered out loud.