Killer Truths: Chapter Six ~ His Missing Redheaded Minx

** I don't own the Harry Potter world, characters or places. They belong to J.K. Rowling. Now, enjoy. ES <3 **

Chapter Six ~ His Missing Redheaded Minx

Ginny and Amélie stared at each other; neither of them wanted to believe that a wizard or witch would do such a thing but there was no other way to explain what had happened.

“Maybe it’s not what we think.” Amélie tried but once the idea had been planted in Ginny’s brain she knew it was true.

Ginny bit her lip as she laid back down against the bed. “No, love, it’s exactly what we think.”

“So what do we do?” Amélie whispered as she laid down beside Ginny, looking at her for the answer.

Ginny sighed, closing her eyes and knowing exactly what they needed to do. “We have to let the Minister know. He’ll then alert the authorities. After the authorities are alerted, they’re probably going to erase the muggle’s memory and then the order for the hit will be sent out for the wizard or witch that is his source when they are found.” She said as she looked up at the ceiling.

“Order the hit for them? Why?” Amélie asked.

“Because he obviously knows about the Organization and about me; this person knows my secret and Jeff knows that that is a problem and as you will learn as you work with this Organization, problems are always taken care of.” Ginny explained to Amélie nodded in response.

“That makes sense,” Amélie agreed as they both laid back staring at the ceiling.

After a few minutes of silence, Amélie sighed and rolled onto her side to look at Ginny. She had been thinking a lot about her mom lately and why someone would like to expose her to the two worlds; Muggle and Magical. It really didn’t make any sense to her. Yeah, Ginny was a hit – witch. She killed people; bad people. Not good people who donated money to the poor or won awards for being charitable and peaceful; at least not in the dark. Amélie believed her mom was doing something right because to her, when you arrested a criminal and locked them away in prison there will always be the possibility that that wizard or witch will one day get out and once again terrorize innocent people as they once did. That’s why she supported what her mom did, why she was going to do the same thing one day.

“Don’t think too hard, baby,” Ginny said as she smoothed out the creases on Amélie’s forehead. Whenever Amélie was deeply in thought, she had the same expression Draco would get. It made her smile.

“Mom, why do you think that this person wants to expose you?” Amélie asked her.

Ginny sighed, she knew Amélie would ask this and the truth was that Ginny didn’t really have an answer for her. She knew that as an Auror and a hit – witch, she would have enemies but most of the people who would know who she was were…well, dead.

“There could be the possibility that someone knows about my profession.” Ginny told her.

“But that doesn’t make any sense. You’ve never been caught and if someone knew, don’t you think they would have said something before?” Amélie asked.

Ginny shrugged, “not necessarily. Maybe they were waiting for the perfect opportunity. That’s what I would do.” She admitted as she sat up and stretched.

At that moment a tap on the window caught their attention. Ginny blinked herself in front of the window to see a black eagle owl with a scroll attached to its claw.

Ginny smiled when she recognized the owl; she let it in and the owl flew to the bed and landed in front of Amélie.

“Oh! It’s from Uncle Neville!” Amélie smiled as she removed the scroll from the owl’s claw. The owl hooted happily, affectionately bit her fingers then flew out the window and disappeared.