Killer Truths: Chapter Eleven ~ Death and Blood

** I don't own the Harry Potter world, characters or places. They belong to J.K. Rowling. Now, enjoy! ES <3 **

Chapter Eleven ~ Death and Blood

“Amélie, I need both you and your mom in my office in five minutes. It’s important. Hurry,” Jeff said to Amélie as she sat on the couch reading one of Ginny’s muggle historical romance books. Her face was slightly flushed as she read through a highly inappropriate scene.

Amélie looked up at Jeff’s words. “Sure, let me get her and we’ll head over.”

Jeff nodded from his spot in the fireplace and then disappeared without a word.

Amélie frowned but shrugged it off; maybe Jeff was just having one of those days. “Mom, Jeff needs to see us in his office right now!”

A loud crash followed her words. Amélie rolled her eyes and a second later Ginny was standing before her, dripping wet and a towel tightly clenched around her body.

“For the love of Merlin, Amélie, don’t scream like that!” She hissed at her daughter.

“Be better prepared, mom.” Amélie tucked her bookmark to save her page.

“Don’t read that!” Ginny cried as she tried to grab the book out of Amélie’s hands.

“Why not?” Amélie asked pulling the book out of her mom's reach, her silvery – gray eyes narrowing suspiciously.

“It’s inappropriate for your age,” Ginny told her as she touched the book and blinked herself away.

“MOM!” Amélie screamed out as both Ginny and the book disappeared. “No damn fair! Give it back to me!”

Suddenly Ginny screamed again and Amélie looked over to see the book quickly flying through the air. She was so shocked at the sight that she didn’t try to catch it and it hit her right in the face.

“Crap!” Amélie cursed as she rubbed her forehead. “You could have told me to come get it.”

Ginny poked her head out of her bedroom, her red hair dripping on the floor. “I didn’t do that.” She answered to Amélie worriedly.

“Liar,” Amélie grabbed the book and made her way to her bedroom. “Anyway, hurry up. Jeff’s waiting for us and he’s in a no nonsense mood.”

“Ready!” Ginny blinked herself into the living room dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a green sweater. She pulled her hair up into a ponytail and stuck her wand into her back pocket, smiling as she remembered hearing that Moody had once said wizards and witches have blasted their buttocks off that way.

“What are you smiling about?” Amélie asked as she came out of her room.

“Nothing, come along.” Ginny said holding her hand out for Amélie to grab. Amélie did and then Ginny blinked them off to Jeff’s office; completely forgetting the incident with the book.

~.~.~

“Are you certain Ginny is coming?” The dark man asked Jeff.

“Of course she’s coming. She knows better than to ignore me.” Jeff smiled as he leaned back in his chair and waited to see the man’s shocked face when both Ginny and Amélie appeared.

“It’s been over seventeen years. I reckon her life hasn’t been easy.” The man said absentmindedly.

“It hasn’t,” Jeff agreed. “But we both know Ginny. She isn’t one to let life get her down. Plus, she’s had help along the way.”