Killer Truths: Chapter Two ~ Long Enough

** I don't own the Harry Potter world, characters or places. They belong to J.K. Rowling. Now, enjoy. ES <3 **

Chapter Two ~ Long Enough

Amélie watched, her silvery - gray eyes catching every move that Ginny made as she sorted, without magic, through some of her old things.

"Why aren't you using magic? I can do this with a flick of my wand." She complained.

Ginny rolled her eyes; leave it to her daughter to sound so much like He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Not Voldemort, no, Him.

"Yes, dear, I know that but sometimes it's nice to go through things manually. Plus, we must handle with care some of these things." Ginny said as she pulled a picture of her and Luna from right after the end of the Second War.

"Mom, when are Uncle George, Aunt Luna and the twins coming over?" Amélie asked anxiously. She was bored out of her mind watching her mother. This was ridiculous. She'd just graduated from Liatris Academy of Magic, the magic school in the United States of America. And when she was finally able to use magic without breaking any laws, her mom has her helping her sort through things without magic.

It was torture, that's what it was; Amélie thought to herself as she waited for Ginny to respond to her question.

"George said at about half past five London time, which is in about," Ginny looked at the muggle clock on the wall, "about fifteen minutes. I can't believe it's already almost twelve - thirty." Ginny sighed as she brushed her hair out of her face.

"Who are these people in this picture, Mom?" Amélie asked and when Ginny looked over, she sighed again. She should have torn up that picture but she couldn't bring herself to do it.

Ginny stood next to a woman and sandwiched between two men. She smiled at the picture as she took it from Amélie's hand.

She hadn't spoken to Pansy Parkinson and Blaise Zabini in over seventeen years. They had been friends, more than acquaintances but if they had spoken, they would have told Draco Malfoy.

Draco Malfoy; Ginny sighed sadly as she stared at him in the picture.

He stood to her left, his arm draped causally around her waist and his blond head nudging hers affectionately. He was smiling, really smiling and he looked breathtakingly handsome. He'd look over at her, smile widely and the look back at the camera, winking jokingly.

"Mom?" Amélie asked.

"My friends, Pansy and Blaise," Ginny said as she pointed the two out, "and that is Draco Malfoy." She said slowly, looking at Amélie.

When Ginny said that and it registered in Amélie's mind, she yanked the picture out of Ginny's hands and stared at it.

"That's my dad?" She whispered.

"Yes," Ginny responded.

Ginny had spoken occasionally about Draco to Amélie. She knew it wasn't right to keep Draco away from his daughter even though he hadn't shown any interest in her when she was pregnant. So she told Amélie about him; well, a few things.

"You guys looked like you were in love." Amélie said, never taking her eyes away from the magical picture.

Ginny's eyebrows furrowed together. In love, she thought, and then snorted.

"I guess it looked that way," was all she said but Amélie knew that her mom still loved that man.

"Do you think I'll ever get to meet him?" She asked Ginny.