Killer Truths: Chapter Five ~ Credible Information

** I don't own the Harry Potter world, characters or places. They belong to J.K Rowling. Now, enjoy! ES <3 **

Chapter Five ~ Credible Information

“Ginny, I need to see you in my office.” A male voice from the fireplace caught Ginny’s attention from the muggle historical romance she was reading. She sighed as she looked up into the tired face of the American Minister of Magic, Jeff CarMichael.

“Yes, let me tell Amélie I'm heading out and I’ll head over.” She said as she shut her book and began to walk over to her daughter’s room when the Minister cleared his throat. She looked back to see his head still in the green flames. “Yes?” She asked.

“Bring Amélie with you. I’ll be expecting you in ten minutes. My fireplace will be open for only you two,” and with that, his head disappeared from the flames. 

Ginny continued to stare at the empty fireplace as his words processed in her mind. He wanted her to bring Amélie with her. He wanted her to bring Amélie –

“Is it true? Huh? Is it? Is it?” Amélie came running out of her room, screaming and jumping like a child; her red hair flying around her as she cheered and her silvery - gray eyes sparking with excitement.

Ginny looked up to see her daughter dancing around the living room.

“What are you doing? Have you gone mad?” She asked.

“No, mom! You and your crazy British words,” Amélie laughed as she came to a stop in front of Ginny. “Jeff finally said I can accompany you! That means he’s going to give me a shot!” She continued to dance and sing some muggle song along the lines of “rock this party, dance everybody –” before Ginny zoned her out and realized something else.

“You were eavesdropping, Amélie?” Ginny stood, her arms crossed over her chest with a very demanding expression.

Amélie stopped jumping to look at her mother. She bit back a smile. Seeing her mom upset was always a funny experience considering her mom was barely taller than fivefeet. Amélie towered over her by a good four or five inches, at least. It always made Amélie wonder how tall her dad was but she didn’t want to go into thinking about that now. Her mom was quickly driving herself into a temper tantrum which she assumed for a woman who was well into her thirties shouldn’t have.

“I wasn’t eavesdropping, mom. It was more like I overheard the conversation accidentally.” Amélie corrected her to which Ginny rolled her eyes and blinked herself into her room to grab her cloak and bag. When she blinked herself back into the living room, Amélie was standing by the fireplace, her cloak on and bag in hand.

“I’m ready, mommy.” Amélie smiled innocently.

Ginny bit her lip as she looked at her daughter. Amélie was growing up so fast. It seemed like yesterday she was born, this morning she was a toddler and this afternoon she was barely into her “pre-teens” as the muggles called it.

“Stop looking at me like that.” Amélie complained causing Ginny to smile again.

“I just love you so much,” Ginny said as she leaned over and pinched Amélie’s cheek.

“Dammit, mom, that hurt!” Amélie hissed and Ginny was almost taken back by how much that hiss and angry look on Amélie’s face looked like her father’s.

“You’re just so cute, baby.” Ginny said as she grabbed the vase that held the floo powder and held it out for Amélie. “Now, you go first.”

Amélie obeyed and called out, “the Minister of Magic’s office!” and disappeared with the green flames. Ginny followed behind her.

Ginny arrived to Amélie magically cleaning the soot off of her black jeans and a Holyhead Harpies jersey of Ginny’s from when she was younger. Amélie had been shocked to hear that they had tried to recruit her when she had graduated from Hogwarts but she had declined it to try to become an Auror and then had been sadly disappointed when Harry hadn’t wanted her to do any of those things.