Twelve | Virgil

Roman had to go home shortly after that. I'm glad he was there for me. School was okay the next day. Roman didn't act awkward at all, but he wasn't touchy like he was over the weekend. There were many moments over the next few days when he would stand up first and I expected a hand to reach towards me, but it never happened. I can't tell if it's because he wants to give me space, doesn't want to be touchy in school, or if I ruined everything on Sunday. Other than Roman's abnormal behavior everything's been fine. Logan and Patton are adorable and have been great friends. Thomas is so kind and I really like it here. I finally feel like I belong somewhere.

Apparently I was too lost in thought because my phone vibrates with a text message from Roman.

Princey 👑❤️
Friday 12:34 pm

Are you okay?

I look up at Roman, a questioning look on my face. He gestures towards my phone.

I'm right beside you

You're avoiding the question

no. I'm stating my confusion

Avoiding

Stating

Avoiding

Stating

Avoiding

Roman!

Thought you'd be more likely to talk if it was just me. Now can you answer the question?

no

I hate you 😑

no you don't

No I don't

I'm fine just thinking

About?

Sunday

Oh
You wanna talk about anything?

*want to

Hush you can't be a nerd too

"Are you two texting? You are right next to each other." Logan says suddenly, Patton giggles.

"Let them be Logey."

"It's illogical."

"You're illogical!" I say, sticking my tongue out at Logan.

"And you're childish." I pout.

"Princey he called me childish!"

"What do you want me to do about it? He's not wrong."

"Hey!" They all laugh. "You're all mean." I cross my arms over my chest. "I don't like any of you." I glance at Patton. "Patton's okay."

"Thanks kiddo." It's now Roman's turn to be offended.

"Excuse you! You love me!"

"In your dreams." I retort.

"Usually," he smirks and my face turns red.

"Oh my god, Roman!" He chuckles.

"What?" The bell rings, signally the end of lunch, and I frown. I don't have classes with them for the rest of the day. Roman notices my change in attitude. "Hey," he whispers, grabbing my hand for the first time since Sunday. It's a simple gesture, but it makes my heart rate quicken. "I'll see you at my locker later. You're still coming, right?" I nod my head. "Good. I can't wait." He smiles his big smile and I get the same butterflies as always. "Bye Stormcloud."

"Bye Princey."

I miss Roman as soon as he's out of sight, but I'm thankful that the last three classes go by pretty quickly. That's not usually the case.

I'm waiting by Roman's locker, but he's late. I yelp as I feel someone wrap their arms around my waist. "Guess who!"

"Gerard Way?"

"What? Who?" Roman turns me around. "Who's Gerard?" I burst out laughing at the jealous expression on his face. "Stop laughing at me!" He whines.

"From how often I listen to them and how often you call me your 'chemically imbalanced romance' I thought you'd know who the lead singer is." I say, still laughing.

"Oh," Roman giggles. "Sorry." I wave off his apology.

"Don't worry about it. I'm excited to see you perform tonight." I say as he puts his books in his locker.

"Ha, thanks. I'm a...little...nervous about it." He says slowly, shy smile on his face. I don't think I've ever seen Roman so...nervous.

"You are? Why?"

"Well it's you. You make me nervous and I definitely don't want to mess up in front of you."

"Hey," I say, grabbing his hand like he did with me a few hours prior. It's the first time it wasn't the other way around and he takes notice of it. "You're going to do amazing. It's just me." I smile. "Nothing to be nervous about."

"More like everything." He mumbles. I get on my tiptoes and kiss his cheek. His face turns a light shade of red.

"You're going to do amazing. I know you are. Aaanddd I won't know if you do mess up because I don't know the show." I smile at him and he returns the gesture.

"Thanks." He says softly. "Are you ready to go my chemically imbalanced romance?" He asks with a wink, his voice regaining its normal dramatic flare. I nod and he leads me to his car, our hands still linked together. "Patton and Logan will be there early, so you'll have something to do before the show starts." He shuts my car door.

"Oh great I get to third wheel," I laugh as he gets into the car.

"Hey it's something." Roman says, small smile on his face. "I don't have to be backstage until like 4:30, so we have half an our to kill if you want to walk around the park?"

"Yeah that sounds good." It's a short drive there. Roman measures driving time in how many Disney songs he gets to listen to on the trip. This drive lasts only the length of Go The Distance, which Roman belted on our way there. We get to the park, as Roman would say, "one Disney song later" and Roman follows his routine; he opens my door, offers me his hand, and doesn't let go. We've been walking for about ten minutes when we get to a lake surrounded by trees.

"It's so pretty." I say quietly. Roman agrees and smiles down at me.

"It's nothing compared to you my Stormcloud." I blush and look up into his bright green eyes. We stay in the warm moment for a few minutes. One of his hands is in mine and the other makes its way to my back. "Hey Virgil," he says quietly.

"Hm?" I hum, still enticed by his eyes. They're so pretty.

"Can I kiss you?"

1000 Words

A/N This chapter ended up also being 999 words but I changed it for y'all-