Seven | Roman

I listen closely as Logan talks Virgil through what's happening, making mental notes of the questions and techniques. If, god forbid it does, this happens again I want to be able to help Virgil. Logan's currently asking Virgil questions pertaining to the five senses in a technique he called grounding.

"Virgil can you tell me five things that you can see." Logan asks. Virgil nods into my chest, slowly lifting his head.

"T-table, milkshakes, you, Patton, and Roman." Logan nods.

"That's good Virgil. What are four things you can touch?" Virgil's eyebrows furrow.

"The same things." He reaches his hand to the table. "Table," the milkshake glass, "cup," he gently taps Patton and Logan's hands, "you guys," his grip on my shirt tightens, "Roman."

"What are three things you can hear?" Virgil closes his eyes and speaks quietly.

"The noises from the kitchen, you, Roman's heartbeat." I squeeze Virgil's hand a little tighter, rubbing my thumb over his knuckles.

"You're doing great Virge. What are two things that you can currently smell?"

"Food," he inhales through his nose, thinking for a moment. He gets a small, almost invisible smile on his face. "Roman's cologne."

"What is one thing you taste?"

"The chocolate milkshake." His voice is a whisper.

"You did amazing Virgil." Logan says and I pull Virgil a little closer to me. "How are you feeling?"

"Better." Virgil mumbles. "Thank you." Logan offers him a small smile.

I'm so confused. I mean I know he had a panic attack, but Logan only asked why he moved. What could possibly be that triggering? I look down at our hands. His ring is purple and orange, fear and anxiousness. My ring is black, orange, and blue. Pain, anxiousness, and sadness. I imagine those are the emotions Virgil's currently feeling. I glance down at the boy clutching onto my shirt, which is wet with his tears.

"I-I'm sorry." He says quietly, causing me to frown.

"Can I hug you?" He lets out a very quiet yes. I drop his hand and wrap my arms around him. I feel him return the gesture and I squeeze him close to me. "You have absolutely nothing to apologize for." He nods against my shoulder, and I can feel the tears again. I glance at Patton and Logan. Patton's tears are now dried and he has a small smile. Logan's face is always somewhat emotionless, but he looks relieved. I close my eyes and hold Virgil closer to me.

"You have to let go Princey." He says a few minutes later. I can hear the smirk in his voice. I shake my head into his shoulder and I feel him laugh. He pushes away from me and sends me a soft smile. I decide I like the smile he has on now, a silent thank you. It makes him look sweet and innocent.

"I'm really sorry guys. I don't know why I went into that much a panic. I'm sorry I ruined this. I should probably go." He glances over at me and I shake my head no.

"I'm not moving and you're not leaving."

"You didn't ruin anything Virge!" Patton says, giving him a sad smile.

"You can not control when a panic attack happens." Logan adds. "It was not your fault. If you don't mind my asking, what triggered it?" He takes a deep breath, a distant look in his eyes. "You do not have to answer if you do not wish to."

"No, it-it's okay. I owe you guys an explanation." I shake my head.

"You don't owe us anything Virge. Only tell us if you want to." He nods his head slowly.

"I-I moved here because I moved in with a new foster family, a man named Thomas Sanders. I-I was just really nervous about the questions that would come with telling you that. I'm not ready and I don't want you guys to hate me because I really like you and I want to be friends with you and-"

"Hey, you're okay. Just breath. You're going to send yourself into another panic, stormcloud." A light red tone paints his face.

"Th-thanks, sorry Princey." I decide not to correct his apologizing again.

"Virgil we'll be here for you. Open up to us when you're ready." Patton says, offering him a big smile.

"We would never force you to talk about such personal things." Logan adds.

"If you're not up for skating, we can go tomorrow?" I say softly. I don't know if loud music and flashing lights is what he needs right now.

"No, no, I don't want to ruin the night. I want to go."

"Okay, if you're sure." He nods his head.

"I'm sure." The small smile on his face is genuine.

"Yay! Let's go!" Patton says, pushing Logan out of the booth with a giggle. Logan rolls his eyes and offers Patton a hand up. I do the same to Virgil, who accepts my hand. Patton pays for him and Logan and I pay for Virgil and myself. It took a lot to convince him to allow me to. I don't let go of Virgil's hand until I'm opening up my car door for him.

"Such a gentleman." He giggles and I smile at him.

"What else did you expect?" I ask, getting in the driver's side. My Disney music comes back on as I start the car. I sing and Virgil hums to Can You Feel The Love Tonight as I drive to the skating rink.

"And if he falls in love tonight, it can be assumed." I sing, wiping fake tears away.

"His care free days with us are history." Virgil sings.

"In short out pal is doomed!" We sing together. I wipe away more fake tears which makes Virgil laugh.

"God you're so dramatic."

"I'm an actor!" I exclaim, an offended look on my face, causing him to giggle again.

I decide that I could listen to the sound of him giggling forever.

"We're here!"

1005 Words