Eight | Virgil

"I'm gonna fall!" Roman rolls his eyes.

"Just take my other hand, you'll be fine!" I shake my head no.

"Sir-sing-a-lot if I let go of the wall I am going to fall." I deadpan. Roman tightens his grip on my right hand.

"Oh no." He says.

"What!" I exclaim, my eyes meet his. His look is mischievous-like he's planning someth- "oh my god Roman no!" I yell as he pulls me away from the wall. "I'm gonna fall, I'm gonna fall, I'm gonna fall, I'm...gonna..."

"I believe you mean going to, not gonna, for that is not a real word." Logan says, skating by with Patton, who giggles. I stick my tongue out at him. Roman grabs my other hand, pulling me after him.

"You're gonna have to be my eyes."

"I can't see over you, ya big lard." He shrugs.

"Guess were going in blind then." He chuckles and I sigh.

"That's an awful idea."

"Alright then my chemically imbalanced romance." He lets go of one of my hands, holding my left one and skating beside me.

"Roman I'm going to fall!"

"You're fine, Virge, calm down." I take a few deep breaths, continuing to let Roman lead us in circles. "See, you're doing great." Roman's grip on my hand tightens a little and I squeeze back. He offers me a shy smile and I return the gesture. I glance at my yellow ring. Every time Roman does something cute I feel the need to check on my ring. Maybe it's my subconscious's way of telling me to stop thinking about Roman like that. I have a soulmate, right? I have someone I'm destined to be with, so I need to stop thinking about Roman's deep green eyes that I could so easily get lost in. Stop thinking about his muscular arms and how safe and warm I felt when they were wrapped around me. And definitely stop thinking about the warmth on my face and the butterflies in my stomach that appear every time he smiles at me.

"Virgil? You okay?" I look away from my ring and up to Roman's concerned eyes.

"Mhm, just thinking." He offers me that small, reassuring smile again.

"Okay." We continue to skate in circles, hand-in-hand, until Roman pulls us out. He leads me over to a claw machine filled with rainbow dogs and cats.

"Are you gonna get me one Princey?" His face suddenly becomes serious, which makes me laugh. He puts a dollar in the machine and the happy music starts. I laugh at the still serious expression on his face. I stand at the side of the machine.

"Go back a little." He does as told and the machine lands right on top of one of the cats. It picks it up and drops it.

"That's bullshit!" Roman yells.

"Shhh Roman, you're drawing attention to us."

"But that's not fair!" He whines. The machine starts again for his second try. He goes for the same cat, this time it gets picked up and dropped into the shoot. "Yes!" Roman yells. I let him celebrate, a fond smile on my face, for once not caring about the weird glances we get from the people around us. He gets the cat out and presents it to me in a very dramatic manner. "For you, my Stormcloud." I blush at the nickname.

"Thanks Ro." I hug the cat to me and he smiles brightly. Damn butterflies. He grabs my hand. Damn blush. Roman leads us to the front where he buys us slushees, me grape and him cherry. We sit at one of the benches.

"Ow," I mumble after drinking mine too fast.

"Brain freeze?" He asks, a small smile on his face. I nod.

"And these things are killing my feet," I say, holding up my roller skate clad feet.

"We can go soon." He points to Patton and Logan, who are sitting on one of the fabric benches across the way. Patton's head rests on Logan shoulder, his eyes half open. "It's getting late anyways." I nod my head. We finish our drinks and turn in our skates.

"Lo, Patt, we're gonna go." Patton looks up and holds out his arms to me. I accept his hug with a smile on my face.

"Goodnight kiddos, see you Monday!"

"Goodbye." Logan says simply.

"See you guys." Roman says, I give them a two-finger salute.

Roman grabs my hand again and I rest my head on his shoulder as he leads us out of the rink.

"Tired?" He chuckles. I nod my head. I can picture the smile that he probably has. His soft one, the corners of his mouth slightly lifted, the crinkles by his eyes visible if you care to look. I smile at the image in my head.

"Hey Ro?" I ask as he opens my door.

"Hold that thought." He jogs around to his side, settling into his seat. I sit down in my own seat while he does that. "What's up?" My eyes widen. What was I thinking? He has a soulmate too. This is just a little crush because he's really cute and nice. It'll go away soon.

"Never mind." I mumble, causing a frown to appear on his face.

"Are you sure Virge?" He asks quietly. I nod and lean my head against the cool glass window. He hums along to whatever Disney song comes on, but I'm not really paying attention. I focus on the way the glass feels against my face. The vibrations of the car. The sound of the car driving. I sigh contently.

941 Words