Long Day Of Working

Y/n's Point of View

Monika was picked up by Gustave while I was out, so my dorm was empty. I plop down on the couch and start strumming to a song in my head.

"What do you want!? What do you want?" I chuckle and grab my phone. "It won't hurt to buy a guitar, would it? Nah."

I look around for a music shop and change into street clothes. I was walking to my car when Max and Liu stopped me.

"Where are ya going, mate?" Max asked.

"Getting a guitar. You guys want to come?"

Liu took his toothpick out and tossed it on the ground. "Sure, we got nothing to do."

We race to the car and drive off to the store. I walk in with Max and look around.

"Looking for something?" A female worker asked.

"Yes, what kind of electric guitars do you have. I've been thinking of a Fender or a Ibanez." She pointed to the sections I was looking for. "Oh, thank you."

"Any time, babe." She walked to the back and closed the door.

"I think I kinda scared her off with the mustache." Max chuckled and walked to a bass guitar. "Man, it's been a fuck ton of time since I picked this up."

"I wonder if they have, no way!" I find and Eddie Van Halen guitar signed by him. "Holy-"

Max started playing Holy Diver by Dio. "Ha, gotcha. We can't cuss, mate."

"Right." I grab the guitar and check the price. "£3,500!? That's pretty cheap in American standards."

"Ah, a Van Halen fan, eh?" A man walked up to us. "Too bad nobody can pay, with all the musicians selling out for pot and fame, we're gonna have to keep this in the back."

"I'll take it."

The worker gave me a surprised look and nodded. "You need an amplifier?"

I nod and check some of them out. "I'll get a Fender Mustang."

He took the items to the counter and rang them up. "£3,582." I pay him and grab the guitar while Max holds the amp. "Ey, you guys have a great day."

"You too. Thanks for this awesome find." We chuckle and leave. Liu sat on the hood and ate a sandwich.

"What do you got?" He asked with bread in his mouth.

"An Eddie Van Halen guitar and an amplifier. Let's rock and roll!"

We drive back to the base while eating on the road. I drop the two off and text John.

Y: where do you live?

J: why?

Y: I got something we'll both enjoy.

We decide to meet up at the base's gates for the surprise. After an hour, John pulled up. He got out and smiled. "Now way. Is that a-"

"Signed Eddie Van Halen guitar? Yes it is." I hand him the guitar and stand. "They were gonna put it in the back, but I bought it off of them."

 John awed at the guitar. "This is official." He handed it back. "I'll call you later, I gotta go back to work."

 "You were at work!? Dude, you should've told me!"

 He shrugged and got in his car. "Later, loser!" He waved and pulled out.

I flip him off and smile. I grab the guitar and walk to my dorm. I open the door and immediately plug the amp in the wall.

I then plug the cords in and grab my guitar pick from my wallet. Right when I strum the guitar, I get chills.

 "Oh, that's cool." I start to make up some stuff, but I ended up playing an Iron Maiden song. "Dream on, brothers, while you can."

 Someone clapped for me. Monika stood at the doorway with a bandage on her stomach and a smile on her face. "Hey, N/n." She walked over to me and kissed my cheek. 

 "Hey, chocolate cake. What did Gustave say?"

 "I'm healing quickly, but I need a few bullets removed in my arms. As for my bandage, I discovered I have a broken rib." Monika sat down next to me. "Where'd you get that?"

 "A shop in London. It's signed." I smile and hand her the guitar.

 "You're like a child, a cute child." I set my chin on her head. "Yeah, a scary killer child."

 "Hey, I softened my image a lot." We chuckle and sit quietly. "Do you hate that I spent £10,000 on this?"

 "10,000!? Y/n, what were you thinking!?" Monika smacked my arm.

 I laugh and hug her loosely. "I'm joking, it was £3,582."

 Monika calmed down slightly, but she was still fuming. After a few minutes, she finally broke character. "Fine, I'm not mad, just a little, irritated that you spent that much."

 I cheer quietly and kiss her cheek. "I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you." Monika laid down and gave me a questioning look. "I'll treat you to dinner one of these days."

 "Hmm, I have two options. Break up with you, or get dinner." Monika tapped her index finger on her chin. "Three, actually."

 "What is it?"

 Monika pushed me down and gave me a seductive glance. "We can have some little kids running around the base."

 "If that's what you want, then I'm fine with it. But, we have to wait, you need to heal fully." I gently lift her and put her on my lap. I wrap my arms around her and place my head on her shoulder. "Do you understand?"

 "Of course, I just want to pull us closer to each other. And I want to teach my child German." Monika turned the tv on. "How do you think your sister's going to react?"

 "I think she'll hate me for a bit before we force her to babysit while we make more." Monika blushed a hue of pink. I chuckle and kiss her. "If you want to, that is."

 "I'll think about it." Monika yawned and laid her back on my chest. "I'm tired of doing nothing around here."

 "You can work on your knees. Just do squats, take a little run."

 "Mmm, no, I'm comfortable right here." Monika closed her eyes and sighed. 

She fell asleep not even a minute later. I roll my eyes and look at my new guitar. I look back to Monika and kiss her neck. She squirmed and eased her muscles.

I spent the night watching tv before yawning myself. I lift Monika and maneuver our way in the room. I do my night routine and lay down. Monika stirred in her sleep, so I calmed her down by stroking her hair.

 "Goodnight, chocolate cake." I whisper. I kiss her one last time before falling asleep.....