17: Yahya <3

You underestimated, however, the beast you were shacked up with. Even the current Beastar had his eye on him.

"Uh, I'm Darth, the Chief of the Metropolitan Police... I'm here for my monthly report for peculiar predation cases." A dog spoke to the Beastar.

"Yep, yep, uh-huh, yeah, mhm." The horse sighed. "I hate this job more than anything to be honest. I just want my carrot smoothies."

"The alternative is letting the police have complete authority for which reports on extreme and peculiar predation cases should be censored from the public... Therefore, it is my duty to report to you cases of that nature. I can't begin to understand your anxiety, but this isn't easy for me either, Yahya. You're the top leader in this society. You bring us all together... You and no one else--"

"Yeah, yeah that's enough flattery. Just show me the papers..." Although blindfolded, he could still read the papers. The cloth merely helped him to focus. "That's quite a drop from last month. You think it's because of the holidays?"

"What's this all about?" Yahya ignored him. "A seventeen year old wolf ate his deer friend's foot?" And I know the kid. It's Gosha's grandson... where has that scaly komodo dragon been anyways... "This happens all the time. Hell, the media would eat this to pieces. Why do you want to censor it?"

"Well, you see... Apparently the wolf had the deer's consent to eat his right foot for strength to battle a bear gone rogue. That's what makes it peculiar. There's a chance that this news could cause an increase in predation incidents."

"So, this wolf commited predation-- became a predatory offender-- so he could take down the culprit of another predation incident? And the deer, son of the Horns Conglomerate, gave him his consent to eat his foot? What is with this guy... his philosophy is insane. Fight fire with fire... That sure sounds dangerous, but it actually makes this guy quite interesting. At least he's still young... Let's keep an eye on him. Anything else?"

"Uh, the, uh last page, sir."

"This damned guy again?" Yahya huffed. "Antelope, possible hybrid linked to the disappearance of another animal? This time a school-aged maned wolf? Well, that's out of character. He usually goes for large beasts or hypercarnivores. Why this girl?"

"Her parents are in hysterics. They either want confirmation that she's been eaten, her body or her alive back with them. She's the only child of the two."

"Worse. They'll be hyper-focused. Any idea about it?"

"None. We can't catch him and we can't find a trace of her. They say she ran with the leader of the Shishigumi, briefly. So, clearly she's not a normal maned wolf."

"Yeah, that's for sure. Censor it. If we want any chance of finding her, the antelope can't know that we're concerned."

"Got it."