1: Playing With Melon

"So this is your... office?" You wandered around, looking at Melon's work place. "Should I call you Doctor Melon?..."

"No. I'm not trying to see you in a professional manor." You heard the click of the door closing, and locking behind you. You sighed. Of course this would happen. You had just been having a shitty day and then a shitty experience with Louis and now something bad was going to happen. You knew it.

"You locked the door. What manor are you trying to see me in?" You sat down on the massive couch and sighed.

"I would like to kill you. There's loads of elephant skeletons under the floor." Melon quickly gave up his ruse. "You're such an honest Chrysocyon the least I can do is be honest back."

"You're not all gazelle are you?" Melon slunk over to you and leaned over to look at you.

"No, of course not. You have above average perception skill, I'll give you that." He pulled his mask down. "Go ahead and guess what I'm mixed with. I think it'll be fun."

"Hm. Well, maybe--"

"Wait! A game is no fun without stakes. Every wrong guess, I'm going to give you a little cut and lick it up. If you get it right, I'll let you do any one thing with with this box cutter... Kill me if you want, try and open the door, what have you!" Melon laughed manically.

And could you say no?

Of course not.

So, now you were here, playing a masochistic (or was it sadistic?) game with a gazelle hybrid. And if you were being honest, you didn't really care. At least it was different. It wasn't school. It wasn't Louis or Legoshi. It wasn't your friends teasing you. You felt better; more adult. Wasn't this the world of adults anyway? Predation and suppression of instincts? Best you got used to it, you figured.

"Can I see your teeth? I see spots on your face and your eyes and a little bit your claws, even though they're filed down... but that's still a lot of predators."

"Let me get comfortable." Melon hopped up on the giant elephant chair and reclined against the opposite side than you were on. "Ahhhhn~"

You leaned over and moved his lips around to get a better look.

"Feline. That and your body type."

"That's correct, but not specific enough for me." Melon clicked his boxer cutter out. "One pass. Just because it was my fault for not telling you to be specific."

"Cheetah." You shrugged. It was a good guess, you thought. He didn't have a lot of spots, his face was quite small and his fangs weren't particularly large.

"Wrong!~"