13.

t h i r t e e n

Beomgyu leans back on his chair while letting out a yawn as he stretched his arms. He was sitting in front of his study table, the little one looks out his window. He had just finished writing his essay and now, he feels lost again.

His mind filled with thought about Taehyun and the younger's warmth that he misses so much. 

The moment when Taehyun asked him about yesterday, and he somehow felt hopeful.

Not that anyone could blame him, though.

He was in love.

Gyu...

Or was he still?

His mind wanders off to Yeonjun ; the older's sweet voice and how much he felt comfortable around his arms and his scent... his oh-so-comforting-scent that Beomgyu unknowingly craved for. The smell of newly bloomed flowers in April, it was beautiful—Yeonjun was beautiful.

"Wha—Beomgyu, what are you thinking?" The little one ruffles his hair, he got up from his seat and throws himself down on bed. His bed was comforting, but Yeonjun seemed more comfor—

"Ah! Get out of my mind!" Beomgyu rolls around his bed, feeling frustrated. He sits down and looks over his window ; the cold breeze flying inside his room, he saw a flower vase on his window sill and so he crawls nearer to it. A yellow coloured flower taking dominance of the pot. He smiles and looks out the window, "I feel so lonely."

He runs his hand through his hair as he lets out a sigh, "What did he mean by that?" Taehyun ruffles his own hair and leans his back on the backrest of his chair. He still kept on processing and digesting what Yeonjun had told him earlier in detention.

"Does he really like him?"

A long frustrated sigh escapes—once again—from Taehyun's mouth. Why is he even thinking about this? Was it because he was worried? Scared? Curious?

... jealous?

Truthfully, he doesn't know.

He's confused, "Stop thinking about it, Tae. You chose Kai over him, because Kai is the one you love! So what if Yeonjun likes him? At least he can help Beomgyu heal," Taehyun smiles to himself, but soon enough, his eyes looked down on his lap.

Leaning down on the wall as he sits on his bed, Taehyun frowns, "Right. You don't love him anymore, you love Kai. You're just guilty and well... scared that Yeonjun might hurt him too—then again, you don't have any rights to judge him."

A soft pillow brought comfort to Taehyun when he laid down on the bed, "After all, you hurt him too."

Taehyun grabs his phone from the nightstand and quickly dials Huening Kai's number, the call was immediately answered on the first ring, "Hyunnie?"

"Can I come over? I need you," Taehyun sits up and walked towards his closet to grab a coat.

"Of course, but we just did it two days ago," The younger chuckles.

"Are you feeling stressed again that you need cuddles again, Hyunnie?" Huening Kai continued, his laugh still following right after.

The red haired boy slides his hands through the coat's sleeves and rushes downstairs, "It's alright."

"I'll be gentle, I'll be sure not to bite you," Taehyun chuckled.

The starry sky twinkled under Yeonjun's head, the cold breeze hugging him whole, squeaking sounds were made as the boy pushes himself back and forth on the swing.

"Here," Soobin hands him a cup of hot chocolate then sits on the other swing beside his brother.

Yeonjun flashed out a half smile, "Thanks, Bin."

He blows on the drink before taking a small sip, "So..." Soobin starts, "What is it that you wanted to talk about?" He asks.

The older of the two smiles as he looks up the dark sky, "I'm stupid."

"Obviously," Soobin teases earning a glare from Yeonjun, "But why are you even saying it? Did something happened?" The younger tilts his head.

Yeonjun shrugs, "I just... built maybe a tiny little crush on someone who is still in love with someone else."

Soobin had seen it coming, he knew Yeonjun was gonna fall eventually.

"Beomgyu wants to move on, okay? He doesn't want to love someone who only hurts him anymore," Soobin blurts out earning a flushed face from Yeonjun, "H-huh?"

A smirk escapes the younger's lips, "I know you like him, dummy."

"Oh..." Yeonjun drinks from his hot chocolates in embarrassment.

"And you're not stupid to like someone who still likes someone else. They are your feelings, and you can never blame someone for building up such weird emotions. If you like Beomgyu then make him feel it, because truly? That's what he deserves," Soobin smiles heartily. 

The sight of little Beomgyu crying over the fact that he was cheated on flashed back inside his mind.

"No one deserves to be used, cheated on, betrayed, and hurt. Sure, someone's gonna come and break you, but that's because someone's gonna come to heal you."

Yeonjun pushes himself back and forth on the swing, smiling in the process, "I won't take advantage, I'll just wait until he's ready again."

Soobin smiles and looks at the older, "Mm-hmm. Healing takes time, what's important is that you're making progress."

Yeonjun chuckles, "Is this what you get for reading tons of love novels?"

A shrug made its way on Soobin's shoulders, he chuckles under his breath, "It's just that... books can really let out what love is. Not just all rainbows and bliss, but love can bring you pain and this weird feeling on your chest. Love is chaotic and complicated, but once we met that someone— it turns into something so beautiful and worth it."

The stars twinkled even brighter upon Yeonjun's eyes, forming a constellation in his brown eyes, "Right. You're right."

The older drinks from his cup, "Now... about that Jaehyun guy."

"Yeah, yeah. Let's give him a taste of our hands," Soobin chuckles.

Yeonjun formed a fist with his hand, "I can't wait to feel my knuckles on his face."

They shared a laugh ; the night was so peaceful, no noises— no chaos. Just them and the stars twinkling at each other.

"I've seen it all ; how he looks at Taehyun, the hurt in his beautiful eyes, the longingness, the pain— every little detail. I always knew but I stayed silent. I would try to brighten up the mood and make him smile. And every time I did..."

Beomgyu's smile flashed on Yeonjun's mind.

"I fell."

scent.