06.

s i x

Trigger Warning: Bullying & Violence

It was finally lunch time.

Beomgyu was in the middle of fixing his stuff when suddenly the doors of their classroom slams open making everyone in the room flinch and turn their backs to look at the door.

Jaehyun walks in and placed his hands in his pockets, a smirk escapes his lips as he approached the little one, "Hey there, Beomgyu!" Jaehyun flashes out the most disgusting grin there is.

Beomgyu froze, he felt uneasy and scared. Yeonjun noticed that but shrugs it off thinking that he was probably just surprised when the door suddenly slammed open.

"H-hi, J-Jaehyun..." Beomgyu stutters, still not able to look up the older male standing beside him.

Jaehyun grabs his wrist and drags him up earning a whine from Beomgyu, "Come, let's go have some fun !"

He was about to pull him out of the room when Beomgyu stands on his place, not wanting to move, "N-no. I-I have something to d-do..." His soft voice trembling in fear as he gathered up the courage to say those words.

He doesn't want to be beaten up and bullied again, and without Taehyun around to save him anymore he could at least try to defend himself from anyone.

Jaehyun shots him a glare, "Oh, come on. I missed you, let's go!" The older one tightens his grip on Beomgyu's wrist, almost squeezing it.

Beomgyu shakes his head, he can't do this, he's too much of a coward and he's scared. He looks over to Taehyun, his eyes screaming for help.

Taehyun was about to approach them when the door pulls open yet again, "Hyunnie? Let's go!" Huening Kai calls out with a smile.

The red haired boy looks back and forth Beomgyu and Huening Kai. He wanted to help Beomgyu out, but instead—

"Coming," Taehyun walks pass Jaehyun and Beomgyu and wraps his arm around Huening Kai's waist. His chest building up feelings of guilt and pain as he recalls how Beomgyu just looked at him earlier, his eyes yearning for help from him.

 He shakes his thoughts away and looks at his tall boyfriend with a smile, he needs to stand on his own. I can't always help him.

Everyone in the room was left shock and bewildered, Taehyun just left Beomgyu all helpless and scared of what his bully might do to him.

"Did Taehyun just?"

"Wait, that was unexpected."

"I thought he was going to protect him, like he always did."

"And who was that other guy? Oh my, did they break up?"

Jaehyun lets out an amused laugh, he leans down the shorter's ear and smiles, "Looks like no one's gonna protect you now, useless nerd."

Beomgyu felt betrayed, it's not like he expected Taehyun to help him, but he wouldn't deny that a small part of him still hoped he'd save him—but no. He didn't.

He chose someone else over him.

Beomgyu lets Jaehyun drag him out from the room, everyone was looking at them rather confused. The little one was pulled inside a restroom cubicle and that's when he snapped back to reality.

"N-no, Jaehyun! P-please don't d-do this to m-me—" Jaehyun covered the younger's mouth and shoves him towards the tiled wall. Letting out a groan, he slides down the floor.

Jaehyun lets out a smirk as he looks at the boy from head to toe, "Been waiting all year for this. Finally, no more Taehyun to protect you, poor you."

Beomgyu gasps when Jaehyun grabbed his shirt's collar and pulled him back to his feet- harshly. Jaehyun tried hitting him, but the little one dodged it- so instead, Jaehyun's knuckles hit the wall. Hissing out the pain, Jaehyun glares at the little one. Fuming with mad, his onyx eyes started to emit flames of madness.

The little one tried to push him away by his shoulders, but Jaehyun was just stronger. Beomgyu tried to run away, but Jaehyun would just pull him back. "Jaehyun, why are you doing this to me?!" The little one yelled, his cheeks stained with traces of tears. "Shut up," The older one spats and shoves the little one on the wall yet again.

Beomgyu felt hot tears rolling down his cheeks, he didn't like any of this, he felt scared.

Jaehyun was about to kick him when Beomgyu was quick to duck, he stands up and pushes the older one towards the floor. Catching his breath, he quickly runs out of the cubicle and comfort room.

Beomgyu wiped away his tears, but they continued on falling. His hair was a mess, he was sweating, and his usually neat uniform was all crumpled up. His legs were shaking out of fear, why does he always hurt me...

Taehyun looks up on Beomgyu, he lets out a small gasp when he saw how he looked, he was about to approach him when Huening Kai wraps an arm around him, "Hyunnie, let's go back to your class~"

The red haired boy was about to protest when Huening Kai already started to pull him away, Taehyun looks back on Beomgyu and their eyes met.

Beomgyu felt a bang on his chest when he saw Taehyun just looking at him while being pulled away by his new boyfriend, "I needed you..." He mumbles as he wipes away his tears, "Taehyun, I needed you," He looked exactly like a little kid who was lost in a mall and crying for his mom to come pick him up.

While sitting on his chair, Taehyun couldn't feel anything but guilt and he was scared—really scared. The sight of Beomgyu kept on flashing back in his mind, he couldn't help but be mad at himself more than Jaehyun; he blames himself.

He just betrayed the person he promised to always protect.

scent.

[a/n] : jaehyun is meant to be fictional here