09.

n i n e

After drying the scarf, Beomgyu sprayed perfume on it and placed it inside his drawer. He sits in front of his study table and turns his laptop on. He plugs his earphones in and turned the volume up on max, the little one scrolls down his social media as his foot follows the beat of the song.

It was boring, scrolling down on his feed, hitting like in every posts he encounters. A post suddenly caught his attention, he pushes his glasses back as he leans down closer to the screen to view it, and just then did his heart broke into pieces—yet again.

It was a post from Taehyun, he uploaded two pictures with Huening Kai with the caption You make me happy.

Beomgyu clenched his chest, "Did I never make you happy, Hyunnie?" He wonders as tears started to trail off his face.

"Bro', do you have any—"

The door of his bedroom pulls open, Beomgyu turns to look at his brother as tears continued to stream down his delicate face, "H-hyung..."

His brother's face softens as he walks over to the younger, he pulls him into a hug gently, he caresses his back, "H-hyung... did I-I never m-make him h-happy?" The younger says in between hiccups, leaning his head down the crook of his brother's neck.

"Of course you did. He wouldn't have stayed a little longer if you didn't, wouldn't he?" His brother responds.

"B-but what if he just p-pitied me—" The little one chokes on his own words, his brother tightens the hug while hushing him.

His little brother would always be this fragile and vulnerable ; the reason why he couldn't fully trust Taehyun back then. But when he saw how much he made little Beomgyu happy, he accepted him. He trusted him. His little brother was so hard to handle ; you have to be extra careful or you might break him.

And Taehyun was never careful with him, and he hated him because of that.

"I will never, and I mean never, gonna let anyone  hurt you again, Beomgyuie."

The next day, Beomgyu was in the school's library. He wanted to kill some time and wander his thoughts away from Taehyun.

He walks in between the book shelves, looking for a perfect book to read. He was about to grab one when he saw Jaehyun walking towards him ; he felt nervous and scared when he remembered what happened that day in the boy's restroom. He was about to run away when suddenly—

"W-what are you—" Beomgyu bends a little as Taehyun places another pile of books on top of the four books Beomgyu was holding.

Taehyun glances at him him before pulling the hem of the older's shirt to make him follow his lead, then Jaehyun halts them, "Hey Taehyun. Can I speak to Beomgyu? We have some unfinished business," Jaehyun shots a glare at the little one.

Beomgyu, then, hides his head behind the pile of books Taehyun made him carry, "Oh sorry dude. He's helping me right now to bring this books to the teacher's faculty. Maybe you can talk to him sometime in... never," Taehyun shots Jaehyun with a glare before pulling Beomgyu by the hem of his shirt.

Jaehyun scoffs and turns away to leave.

"T-taehyun, it's heavy—" Taehyun immediately grabs half of the books and looks straight, "Thanks..." The older mumbles.

He could feel his heart erratically beating inside his rib cage, and his hands were even shaking. He couldn't even look at Taehyun nor walk close to him.

"What did he do to you yesterday?" Taehyun suddenly asks, breaking the ice surrounding them a while ago.

"W-who?" The little one asks under his breath, "You know who I am talking about," Taehyun looks at him in a very serious way that it sent shivers to roll down Beomgyu's spine.

"H-he... He just..." Beomgyu purses his lips, trying to find the right words on how to tell him that Jaehyun just pulled him into a restroom cubicle and was, like, about to beat him up.

Taehyun shuts his eyes closed before glaring down at the pile of books he was carrying, "Did he bully you again?"

The older one flinched making him drop all the books, having them scattered on the floor, "He..." Beomgyu bends down to the floor, "... did."

"That jerk."

Beomgyu was about to grab all the books when someone else already grabbed them and placing it over his palms, "Need some help?"

"Y-yeonjun..."

Beomgyu was about to grab the pile of books Yeonjun was carrying when the older dodged his hands, "No, I'll carry them. Your hands are already turning red because it's heavy..."

Taehyun looks at the two of them while they were arguing, he felt a slight ache in his chest as he noticed how Yeonjun was looking at the little one. His stare was somehow filled with... happiness?

The red haired boy lets out a sigh before speaking up, "I'll just carry the books myself," Taehyun was about to approach the yellow haired boy when someone grabs the books from Yeonjun's hands, beating him to it.

"I'll help Hyunnie," Huening Kai smiles and exchanged looks between Yeonjun and Beomgyu.

Especially on Beomgyu.

Little Beomgyu held onto the hem of his shirt tighter as he looks down his feet.

"Thanks for helping him, I'll take it from here," Huening Kai walks to Taehyun and smiles, "Let's go, baby."

Taehyun looks at the other two before nodding and walking away with his boyfriend.

Beomgyu stared at them, feeling hurt as he lets out a deep sigh then pursing his lips together after.

Yeonjun looks down Beomgyu's pocket and saw his blue scarf sticking out, he automatically smiles and grabs it, "Woo~ Thanks for keeping this, Gyu!"

Beomgyu looks up the taller, suddenly forgetting the pain he felt just a few seconds ago, "G-gyu?"

Yeonjun nods, "Can I call you that from now on? It sounds cute."

Beomgyu slowly nods and smiles, "O-oh... sure... and you're welcome."

Yeonjun ruffles his hair and wraps an arm around the shorter's neck. They both stared at each other, not one of them uttering a single word, just letting their eyes speak out everything. The dark haired boy felt heat crawling up his cheeks to the tips of his ears, he immediately looks away and blinks, What was that?

The older one looks away as well and tries to figure out why his was heart was beating so fast, Here it is again. This weird feeling every time I'm with him.

Yeonjun clears his throat, trying to shove away the awkwardness between them, "Let's go, Gyu."

scent.

[a/n] : i love choi yeonjun so much