Chapter Ten

Arafah's pov,

"Wow these result are good," The man behind the chair commented. "It is good to see that some peoptle are still serious with their studies." He smiled his once grim expression gone.

I smiled back squirming in my seat uncomfortable under his intense gaze. "Anyway," He said reaching into a drawer. "Just fill this out and the rest will be done by me." I collected the paper and a pen from his pen holder quickly scribbling across the paper. It asked basic questions like name, age, etc

I handed him the paper, He collected it his eyes running across the paper "That should do it, Welcome to Baze university." I smiled glad to get admission "Thank you, sir."

I left the office looking for a familiar black car. "How was it?" Khaleed asked as soon as I entered the car. I shrugged "It was fine." He smiled "That's good." The ride back home was short as our house was really close to the university. "Are you going back to work?" I asked removing my seat belt. "Yeah, I actually have to go," He sighed as if apologising.

"Okay, see you later," Replying, I got out the car and gave him a small wave. I stood at the same spot watching the black car drive off and stood there until my feet hurt forcing me to go in. "Oh hello Ameera," I greeted our help.

"Hi," She replied simply. I took off my scarf "Do you need soon help? I have nothing better to do," I asked. "Well I guess you can cut some onion," She said. "So..." I started while cutting the onion. "This is kind of awkward, let's talk." She poured some spices into the pot "Talk about what?"

"That is a very good question, tell me about yourself." She looked up before talking "Well, there really isn't anything to talk about." I could tell she didn't want to talk but honestly I couldn't care less "Are you sure? Of course there are things to talk about, I  only know your name."

She sighed as if giving up "I am Twenty-two and..." She trailed off as if thinking "I don't have anything else to say honestly." I nodded my head before minding my business.

After some more agonising hours of silence "Are you married or..." I really don't know why I was pestering her maybe because she seemed to be extremely lonely or the fact that I myself was extremely lonely. Her breathing hitched "I... yes." I stopped what I was doing "Really? Do you have any children?"

"I have a fifteen month daughter," She answered. "Oh, do you leave her father at home?" I asked. "My husband... He... I don't know where is is at the moment." My mouth icthed to ask why but I knew she didn't want to talk about it so instead I asked "Who do you leave you daughter with then?"

"My younger sister at home." I nodded my head "Don't you think it is better to bring her here so she can be close to you, I think you would be more comfortable knowing that she is close to you right?"

She looked at me "Would you let me bring her here?" I shrugged "Why not?" She blinked "Are you sure that you husband would be okay with that?" My face fixed in confusion "Who?" Her face copied mine "You husband." I brain slowly realized who she was talking about "Oh, I am sure he wouldn't mind besides he is hardly at home."

She smiled before covering the chopping board from me, "How long have you been working for Khaleed?" She shrugged "Since he moved here like two years ago," She kept quiet for some time "Honestly, I didn't think he would marry you, He had a girlfriend so seeing you was shocking." 

That statement definitely caught my attention "He had a girlfriend?" Why didn't I know about this. "Yeah, She was really annoying and I am glad he didn't marry her," She told me honestly. I really didn't know how to feel, honestly I always wondered why they paired us together just not really thought it was important.