Prologue.

Arafah looked around for her best friend, she had promised to be early. Arafat sighed irritated. It was the first day at college and Fadimatu was late, classic.

She picked up her phone checking the time "If she isn't here in ten minutes, I'm leaving," She whispered to herself. I specifically told here to come yesterday but she never listens to me, does she?"

"I am not calling her, she is driving me insane," She said her thumb hovering on the telephone app. She sighed adujusting her small bag to stop it from falling down.

She was about to go off to class when her ringtone called her attention. She looked at her phone which showed her a picture of her best friend. She immmediately swiped across the screen pressing the phone onto her ears.

"I am going to kill you Fadimatu. Where are you?" She asked, infuriated. The voice on the other end laughed nervously "Funny of you to ask actually, I might not be at campus right now." Arafah groaned, frustrated "You drive me crazy, Fadimatu, I am going to class, don't bother talking to me when you get here," She told her cutting the call.

She rolled her eyes entering into the school building, she looked around looking for her class everywhere, she pouted stomping her foot frustrated, she sat on chair trying to calm herself down.

"Excuse me," She tried to tried to get the person attention sitting next to her. His hazel brown eyes snapped towards her dark brown eyes.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you but can you please point me in the direction of the place," she asked showing him her timetable.

His brown eyes dropped analysing her before looking at the tiny piece of paper. "Umm... I could just walk you there It's kind of a far and complicated," He told her his eyes still looking at the piece of paper. 'Wow' Arafah thought his voice is so perfect.

"Hello, Are you listening?" He asked raising one eyebrow. "Huh? Of course, thank you for the offer," She answered snapping out of her thoughts. He nodded standing up walking away, she quickly ran after him trying to keep up with his large steps.

"So... Can I have the honour to learn your name?" He asked. "Arafah," She told him simply He smiled repeating her name. "And yours," she asked. "Khaleed," He answered her in the same manner. "Well It's nice to meet you Khaleed." "Same here," He replied.

They walked for a little while before Khaleed came to a halt pointing to a door. "This is the place," He told her stuffing his hands into his pocket. "Thank you again," she said turning to look at him. "Don't metion it, see you around," He waved at her turning on his heel.

She watched his retreating back before turning to enter the class...

**************

"Don't talk to me Fadimatu," Arafah told her best friend walking in front her. "Come on Ari, why are you angry?" Fadimatu whined.

"I don't know maybe It's because you left me standing in front of the building all morning," Arafah answered her. "But I called you didn't I?"

Arafah rolled her eyes "I am not going to answer you any longer, you are so impossible." "I'm sorry bestie, I won't do it again," Fadimatu said finally giving in.

"You know it's your fault that's why you are saying sorry because you never apologise," Arafah turned to glare at her best friend.

"Forgive me Ari," Fadimatu grinned sheepishly. Arafah smiled deviously "You'll have to earn it." Fadimatu's grin dropped "You are so scary."

Arafah rolled her eyes her smile still in place "Follow me my best friend..."

**********

A/N
Hello everyone, well this is my first book and they may be some mistakes so feel free to correct me any time.
Might not be interesting at first but please give it a chance.

The chapters are short for now please bear with them, mind the cliche😂

I promise it gets better😁☺

Much love Sumaiya.