Chapter three

Arafah's pov.

I pay the taxi driver I start walking up to my house.

A week had passed and I couldn't wait to see Mama.

I knock on the door. I knew where the key to our house was I just wanted to surprise them.

"Coming," I hear a familiar voice shout. "Khadijah go open the door for the person will you,"

"But Mama," My younger sister whined.

"Go now," My mom say in a warning tone.

I here her groan then I hear the clicking of the door opening.

"Arafah!" Maami jumps on me.

Sending my bags flying. But I was able to regain my posture.

"Maami, how are you doing?" I ask her. Since Khadijah is my mom's name nobody in my family calls her Khadijah except for our parents.

"Mama Arafah is around," Maami shouts. Soon enough people start coming to the front door greeting me.

"How is school?" Everyone is asking me.

My mom isn't there. "Where is Mama?" I ask Abubakar, My older brother.

"Probably in the kitchen , go greet her," Just as he says this Mama comes out of the kitchen.

"Ayeasha," My mom says giving me a hug. I hug her back inhaling her scent I love how she smells.

She smells like flowers probably her soap and a little hint of food. Mouth watering food.

"How are you Ayeasha?" She asks me

"Fine Mama" I answer.

"Come let's have lunch," she says to the whole family.

******

In our family we always have lunch together even My brother Abubakar has lunch with us, he and his wife Sa'adiya come here on free days.

I learnt that Sa'adiya gave birth so she is in her mom's house, so only Abdullah is here today.

I look around still every time I see his place I am still dumb struck

My dad takes seat first as always on his usual chair.

My mom next, right next to my dad.

Then the rest of us find our way to our seat, it has always been like this.

Then we begin to eat after my mom has made sure everyone on that table has said our bismillah.

We eat in comfortable silence with only the sound of our spoons scraping onto our plate.

"Ok," My mom says once everyone is done. "Ayeasha, help me with the plates."

I stand up and start packing the plates taking them to the kitchen and dropping them in the sink.

''Can I talk to you Ayeasha?" My mom says.

"What about the plates?" I ask her.
"Aunt Maryam will help us," she says dragging me up stairs.

"Maryam please would you help us?" My mom ask her "I want to talk to her."

She nods her head, a sign for yes.

"Thank you."

********
"I am sorry Ayeasha," my mom starts. "If you can't forgive me I understand."

"Mama, are you ok?" Concern evident in my voice.

"I am sorry," she pleads looking up at me her eyes filled with tears.

"Mama tell me."

"Please find it in your heart to forgive me," she pleads.

"Just tell me,"seeing her like this makes me want to cry also.

"I didn't know, if not I would have stopped them."

"What is it Mama," I ask again.

I am currently sitting on her bed I would have been dumb struck by a room like this

But not when my mom is crying so much.

"Ayeasha, you are getting married soon."

"What?!" I ask completely confused.

"Your dad and I were broke at that moment when your dad asked Haleem Muhammad for help he asked for something..." she stopped

"Breath Mama," I said trying to calm her down

I breath in holding my breath counting to ten so as to not cry.

"It is okay Mama," I hug her.

She quickly wraps her hands around me.

I can't believe it,

I, Ayeasha Arafah Abdullah Nasir, is going to get married to someone I have never met, seen or talked to.

I am instantly angry at my mom but when I replay what she said in my head,

Please find it in your heart to forgive me.

The anger completely vanished.

And I am just sad instead, and that is when I feel them, the tears, I have been working to keep, I let them flow down my cheek.

*******

A/N

Poor little Arafah I feel you.

Hope you like this chapter.

Don't forget to,

Vote. Comment. Share.

Much love Sumaiya❤