💖Please Notice || Charlie x Reader💖

Requested by StarShiningInTheDark Hope you like this, love!

Based around the song "Please Notice" by Christian Leave

Fluff, so no TWs. Lyrics will be italicized and underlined, for clarification

~Your POV~

I wake up slowly, already dismayed to have been taken out of the third dream this week that was about him. I can't seem to stop thinking about him. Baby, when you sleep, do you dream of me?

It's been half a year since I've been invited onto SMPLive and I've made so many new friends because of it. The one person who clicked with my chaotic energy the most, though, started off as just a gamertag. Slimecicle. He was causing chaos for many people on the server, obviously for a bit, and I found it hilarious. At least until he coaxed me into the Cuck Shed and I died. The SMPLive crew are all in a Discord server, so I searched for his name and DMed him. We talked back and forth for a little bit and after a while we decided to stream on the server together. Many people called us the "Diabolical Duo" after I posted a video of a portion of my stream and called it "Wreaking Havoc on the SMP server with Slimecicle". Apparently we shared a similar fanbase, because soon we were making videos together constantly.

It was hard not to think about Charlie. I mean, we were practically on a voice call every day talking about our new video ideas. We roped Schlatt, Travis, and Cooper into some of them, too, which brought me closer to the Lunch Club. I didn't think I'd be able to work with them at all, but I could never thank Charlie enough for the new friendships he's given me. We video call every day that we can, and we only live about an hour away from each other. The thought of maybe going to surprise visit him crossed my mind daily. And when you're awake, do you think of me?

It didn't take long for me to realize the boy I'd befriended had become more than just a friend in my mind. He made every day of my life infinitely better, and sometimes I convince myself that maybe I give him a little bit of the feeling he gives me. I need to know, how do you feel?

The day I got a knock on my door and saw Charlie standing there with a suitcase and a smile, I felt my entire being become lighter. "I hope you don't mind that I invited myself over to your place for the next week or so," he said with a sheepish smile, and I was ecstatic to have him over. Knowing he was in my house only made my dreams more vivid. 'Cause baby, when I sleep, I dream of you. Watching Netflix with him and hiding my face in his shoulder when we watch horror movies makes my waking thoughts all the more clouded by him. And when I'm awake, that's all I do. I'd never enjoyed having someone staying at my apartment more than I enjoyed him. Even the simple act of sitting across from each other eating breakfast in the morning allows me to admire his features. Think about every detail you have.

The only issue was, having two very charismatic people with very similar personalities starting proving to cause arguments.

"Y/n, you just don't- I don't understand how you can't see it!" he exclaims, his eyes closed as they do when he gets angry. I feel bad for making him angry but this is so out of the blue that I can't help firing back.

"Can't see what, Charlie? What is there that I can't see?!" I throw my arms out, clenching my jaw, and his anger diminishes as he sits down on my couch.

"You just don't notice," he sighs, and I sit down next to him.

"Do you notice, when I get mad, I clench my jaw?" I ask, making him look up at me. "Do you notice when I get sad, I tend to fall?" I reach forward and grab his hands. "Look at my words I say to you," he nods, and I know I have his attention. "'Cause I notice when you get mad, you close your eyes, and I notice when you are sad, you let out sighs. I need to know, are those sighs ever over me? I do notice things, Charlie. I notice the small things, hell I notice things you'll find weird that I even notice! So tell me, what am I not seeing? What am I not noticing?" I see his eyes fill with passion and he fights an internal battle, his eyes moving back and forth giving it away. He stands up and faces me.

"Do you know how in love with you I am? Do you see how in love with you I am? Everything that you do makes my heart stop," his outburst catches me off guard and I am floored. I just look at him. "Baby when you sleep, do you dream of me?" I stand up and face him.

"I guess we both only notice the small things, then. Do you know how in love with you I am? My thoughts and dreams are always you, always about you; I can't get you out of my head, and having you here makes it ten times harder to keep all of these feelings about you tucked away an-" Charlie grabs my face and kisses me hard, shutting me up. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him back, and every memory we've ever made together flashes through my mind. When we finally pull away, he doesn't let go of my face.

"You have no idea how happy this makes me," he says with a smile, and I look into his eyes.

"Oh, I think I have an idea," I giggle, and he just kisses me again.

"I think I'll stay for more than just a week," he remarks as we sit on the couch. I just hit him on the arm playfully and laugh. Hopefully he'll stay forever.

Ok, I'm actually really happy with this one! I'm sorry I wasn't able to update this last night, I've had really badly strained eyes the past few days and I think it's the incompatibility of my computer screen's light with the light in my room. Oh well, I hope you guys liked this! Love you all!

~Abbey