✨Prince Charming || Noah x Female!Mute!Reader✨

Hey I just wanted to thank you all for 1k! It blows my mind that I started this book in the very first few days of May and I'm already at 1k. So yeah, that's really all I have to say here. Hope you enjoy!

TW: Mentions of manipulation, abuse (not too explicit but it's a warning for a reason) and violence

~Your POV~

Wow. What an awful idea this was. I look around at the room in front of me, the disco lights obscuring my vision and blinding me at times. I can't believe I let him talk me into coming here at 3 in the morning.

"Y/n! Come on, don't sit at the bar like you always do!" Jeremy calls from the dance floor, but I shake my head and turn back to the bar. I put a hand up and the bartender--who has known me for a month or so now and knows I won't talk--hands me another drink. She knows my usual order, thanks to Jeremy. With a talkative best friend, it's very easy to hide away and let him do the talking. After all, I really just communicate with the notes on my phone.

Jeremy knows me like a book, anyway. He orders for me constantly, he calls out people's names when he sees I want to talk to them. He's my voice. Especially since he talks enough for two people.

Suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder. When I turn, I see a man I never thought I'd see again. "Hey," he smiles, and I send a weak smile back before looking down at my drink. I can't deal with him again. He orders a drink and sits next to me. "So how have you been?" I know he's trying to start small talk, but I'm not one for reconnecting with manipulative assholes.

When I don't respond, a quick glance at him shows his confusion. It'll be anger soon enough. Where the hell is Jeremy when I need him? "What?" he chuckles in question, "You don't talk now?" I look him dead in the eyes. You're the reason I don't, I wanted to tell him, but I just shake my head and take a sip of the alcohol before me. "You're kidding, right? You talked constantly when we were together!" I roll my eyes and purse my lips, nodding. I grab my phone and write in my notes, Not one for talking anymore. I see you haven't changed. I can't inflict tone into my words but I sure as hell can stand up for myself now. He gets angry at the remark and grabs my phone from my hand. "This is how you're communicating with people? Are you fucking kidding me?! This is absurd, Y/n! You were perfectly fine. What's wrong with you?" I stand up to get my phone from him but he keeps it away from me, holding it behind him. I glare at him.

"Not so fun, is it? To not have your quote-unquote 'only form of communication'. Come on, talk. You're not deaf and you still have vocal chords and a tongue. You're perfectly capable of doing it, so do it!" I hit the counter with my hand and clench my jaw, pointing at him with the other.

"I'll take that," a man's voice from behind Eric says before grabbing my phone.

~Noah's POV~

"Dude just go talk to her instead of staring at the side of her face," Ted puts a hand on my shoulder, making me jump. I shrug him off.

"I can't just go up to her. She's probably waiting for someone. Someone as pretty as her can't be here with some drunk friend as a chaperone," I tell him, taking a sip of my beer before turning back to look at the girl sitting alone at the bar. A man walks in and looks around the place. I thought he was looking for the bar, and turns his head and looks at me, before looking at where I was looking. When he sees her, his brow furrows, as if thinking. Then he walks toward the bar girl. "See?" I get Ted's attention, and he sees the guy tap her on the shoulder. "Told you."

"It's alright, dude. Maybe they're just friends, too. Just wait. He'll probably leave and you'll get your shot," he smiles sympathetically, before putting an arm around Madi. I sigh and face the two at the bar again. I can't hear their conversation, but I can see the guy talking, and she isn't responding. Now that I think about it, she hasn't talked at all since she's been here. But she can definitely hear. Is she mute? She pulls out her phone and types something, before showing the guy. He stands up and grabs her phone from her hand, and I sit up straighter. I can't make out what he's saying, but he's yelling. And she's not happy. She stands up and reaches for the phone, a look of pure anger on her face, but he holds it behind his back.