✨Influences || Josh x Male!Reader✨

UH. THANK YOU FOR 5.6k ALREADY! HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!

TW: Mentions of illegal substances

Warning: Uhh this is a lot different than what I usually write and Josh is really dominant in this. I wouldn't say it's sexual but it's definitely not as PG as some of my other chapters. NO SMUT I PROMISE. 

~Your POV~

I am not the type to not have a good time at clubs, and I fully admit that I love to get buzzed and have a blast. There isn't a single time that I've gone to a club and said 'oh, that experience was awful'. But, tonight, for some reason, I am not having as much fun as I usually do. I am out with the boys, and we all had a long day. It is the last day of VidCon and we are all exhausted from being up late at parties and drinking. I am not one for drugs and I steer clear of Cooper and Travis when they smoke weed, but I don't judge them or anything. They can live their lives however they want. And that includes the group of boys that keep looking over at our table. 

"Hey Y/n, those guys keep staring at you. Why don't you go see if any of them are into you?" Noah elbows me in the side lightly, and I blush, glaring at him. 

"Just because I came out to you guys doesn't mean I'm willing to try to get with any random cute guy I see," I retort, but he just laughs, clearly under the influence. I chuckle and get up, eyeing Josh at the bar drinking soda. I feel eyes follow me over to my friend, but I try my best to ignore them. 

"Whatcha doin' alone, Joshy?" I ask him as I put my elbow on his shoulder to lean on. 

"I'm just not really in a huge social mood. You know how I am about situations like this, N/n," I frown and sit next to him. 

"Yeah, I know. Social anxiety is a bitch sometimes. But, chin up! I can keep you company if you want and-" 

"I kind of just want to be alone right now," he cuts me off, and I feel a pang of hurt in my heart. "I need some air," he gets up and walks away without looking back, and I immediately lose my cheeriness. Sure, I am more of a happy gay guy, and yeah, I am wearing a polo shirt with khakis. I strongly dislike the stereotypes that come with gay guys that have my personality. 

"Get something sweet for the cutie on my left," someone says to the bartender, a smirk in their voice, and when I turn, there is a guy with slicked back hair and unnaturally white teeth checking me out. I smile and accept the mimosa, but I only take a small sip because I'm not looking to get drunk and I've already consumed some alcohol tonight. 

"In my twenty-one years of living, I've never had someone buy me a drink," I thank the guy, and he turns in his seat to face me. 

"I find that hard to believe. I mean someone as good-looking as you must have guys and girls alike all over you," his smirk doesn't falter, and I grimace internally. 

"Nope, I'm more of a free-living man. I don't look for people to be with. Relationships are not things I click with," I respond casually, hoping to keep things as normal as possible. 

"What about a hookup then?" I cough and set my glass down abruptly. 

"Also not my style," I manage to get out, and he clucks his tongue. A few more guys come over and I am immediately uncomfortable. 

"I think we can change your mind. here, take one," a dark-eyed brunette holds out a pill, and I eye it suspiciously. "It'll change the way you look at life, for the better. I promise." I shake my head and stand up to feel less overshadowed by the men surrounding me that were at least a few years older than me. Where are the boys when I need them? I groan internally, before looking around to find my friends. I spot them at a table across the dancefloor, and I know they can't hear or see what's going on here. Shit