💖Stars || Schlatt x Reader💖

Requested by okaylux ❤️

Everyone could use some Schlatt fluff in their lives!

n/n=nickname

~Your POV~

15

"Jonathan, what is this?" I ask as he puts his hands over my eyes.

"You'll see, n/n," is all he says, and I pout, walking as he guides me blindly to wherever we were going. "Alright I need you to take eight steps forward from where you are once I tell you, okay? For right now, don't move, and close your eyes!" he removes his hands and I stay faithful, closing my eyes. I hear some rustling and leaves crunching, and then silence for a moment. "Okay, eight steps, then open them." I do as told and take my eight steps. I open my eyes slowly as I take in the view. As soon as I lay eyes on the Montana night sky in front of me, I gasp.

"J... the view-" he comes up to me and wraps an arm around my shoulder, gesturing towards the sky with his hand.

"This is my favorite part about being in the middle of nowhere. It means we get views like this." I look at him and his eyes reflect the stars, making me blush. "S-so I managed to bring my laptop out here and I brought water and some snacks, we can hang out here all night," he lets go of me rather quickly, sitting on a blanket that has pillows on it. I smile and sit with him, and we watch movies until we get tired and have to walk back to his house, which is thankfully right down the road.

"Jonathan, it's nearly one in the morning, where were you?" his mother asks when he walks in, and I follow, making the look on her face change. "Hey sweetheart, how are you? What are you two doing together this late?" Hands on her hips, Mrs. Schlatt gives Jonathan the death glare.

"We were admiring the stars, Mrs. Schlatt. I am a huge star lover and Jonathan surprised me with a little picnic under the stars. You should have seen the view we had," I tell her, smiling sweetly, and she puts a hand on her heart.

"Aw, what a gentleman you are, Johnny!" J blushes at the nickname from his mother. "Well you are welcome to stay the night, seeing as it's much too late for you to get home at this point. Jonathan, take Y/n to your room; you guys can have a sleepover but only talk and go to sleep," the warning in her voice gives away what she is insinuating, which turns our faces scarlet. We head upstairs and he ends up giving me a shirt to wear since I am not in a suitable sleeping outfit. It's big on me, and he blushes almost as red as I do when I put it on.

We wake up to the sound of the door opening, and in my peripheral I see Mrs. Schlatt standing in the doorway, smiling. I realize quickly that J's arm is around me and my forehead is against his chest. I feel my heart speed up. I think I'm catching feelings for my best friend. And this position is NOT HELPING.

21

I am a giggly mess the entire time I have the blindfold over my eyes. "Where are we going, J?" I ask, a smile plastered on my face, but he just squeezes my shoulders as he guides me along.

"I need you to be very careful and go up a few stairs," he says into my ear, and goosebumps rise on my neck instinctively. I feel around with my foot until I find the steps and carefully traverse the flight. I feel the ground flatten and Jonathan lets go of my shoulders. "Alright, I'm going to open this door, and I need you to take exactly eight steps forward when I do," he tells me, his voice laced with excitement and nervousness.

"Okay," I reply, and when I hear the door open, I take eight steps exactly. Just like old times...

"You can take the blindfold off now," he practically whispers, so I do, and I drink in the sight before me.

The roof of our apartment complex has been covered with black sheets in every direction, and the top of it had a projection of the stars. There is an organized mess of blankets and pillows on the ground and his laptop set up in front of it. A tray of various snacks (which happened to all be my favorite) and wine glasses with grape juice accompanied the tray. I put a hand on my mouth and look at him. He was looking at me with anticipation.

"Oh, J," I go up to him and hug him, holding his face in my hands when I pull back. "I absolutely love this, thank you," I kiss him, before dragging him to the seating area.

"I know how much you miss the stars in Montana and the light pollution from the city doesn't help with that, so I figured this would be the next best thing. I wanted to recreate my surprise for you all those years ago," he explains as he pulls up Disney+. "Oh and we're binging so many Disney movies tonight," he tells me, and I laugh.

"This is the cutest anniversary gift ever," I look at him with adoration and he puts an arm around me. "I love you, Jonathan," I say with my head on his shoulder. He puts is head on mine.

"I love you too, Y/n. My best friend, my soulmate," he intertwines our fingers and I know he believes it as much as I do: the stars aligned for us, and we were lucky enough to find our person at a young age. I wouldn't change my person for the world.

Hiiiii this was not supposed to be as long as it is but oh well. My friends and I just published our new book, details to the account are in my bio! Please go check it out if you want more Lunch Club content! Love you all!

~Abbey