Epilogue

3 years later – on Callie’s anniversary.

{Harry’s P.O.V}

“Hey babes,” I begin, stroking the marble headstone, “How are you? It’s been a mental two years since you left!” I chuckle, “Rose did as she was told and got a job in Hollister...she loves it there! She made friends with this girl called Eleanor, and then Louis met her and they fell in love...they’re engaged now! Liam is still going out with Dani, they’re an amazing couple!” I begin to trace the words on her headstone ‘Callie Rose Williams, 18 years old. 1994-2012. A beloved best friend, first love and an inspiration to everyone she met.’ I sniffle back some tears as I remember her so vividly, “Zayn’s got a girlfriend called Perrie, I know you’d love her, she reminds me of you a little actually – always happy and happy to help everyone, she wishes she met you so much! Niall hasn’t got a girlfriend, but he’s in a happy relationship with his food,” I chuckle, knowing she would have found that hilarious, “He misses you so much you know, always playing your guitar whenever he’s down or wanting to get in touch with you again. And me, well, I’m not sure what I’m doing. I miss you every day, I always remember you, whether it’s a book title or a hot chocolate, I see you in everything still. I wish you were here, so badly, I miss you so much Callie.” I sigh, leaning back and placing the white rose on her grave, somewhat of a tradition now.

I turn around as I hear the soft, quiet voices wafting towards me from behind, turning around; I lock eyes with Louis, smiling sadly at him. I smile at the others walking slowly towards me, Liam, Niall, Zayn and Rose all walking in sync a step behind Louis.

As they arrive, they place their white roses on Callie’s grave, creating a bouquet of white roses all around her headstone. We all stand in silence, just thinking, praying to her before, as if on cue, we all stand up and walk out together.

~
sitting in the cafe where Callie and the rest of us visited so often, we reminisce old times, as we do on every one of her anniversaries. We all order the same thing, rocky road and hot chocolate with little marshmallows. The exact same as we would all eat when Callie was with us.

“Remember the day we first met Cal?” Niall reminisces, we all nod.

“And she didn’t want to be seen in her wheelchair?” Zayn adds, causing us all to giggle as we remember her almost tantrum at having to use her wheelchair.

“No, her funniest moment was when she decided Berlin was in China and refused to believe it was in Germany, even when we were IN Berlin,” Louis gasps in between his laughs, we all burst out laughing, claiming it to be the funniest thing ever.

“Remember that day on the beach,” Liam smiles, causing Rose to frown and moan about how she wasn’t invited, so we leave it there, laughing about the turtle quietly.

“God I miss her so much,” I sigh, everyone goes silent, lost in their thoughts before I watch as everyone begins to smile at their own personal memory of Callie. She meant so much to all of us in so many different ways.

I suddenly feel my cheeks get wet, tears staining them. When I look up, I realise that everyone else is in the exact same position.

Memories are what warm you up on the inside, but they’re also what tear you apart.

5 years later.

Louis got married to Eleanor, they have a beautiful baby girl named Rosalie Callie Tomlinson. They are very happy in their marriage and although El sometimes get’s lonely when Louis has to tour and go away to promote the band, she is immensly proud of her husband. Louis thinks of Callie everyday and often visits her grave whenever he is stressed or just misses her. He is happy though.

Niall is dating a girl named Pippa. She reminds Niall of Callie in many different ways, weather its her big brown eyes or her love for tiny marshmallows. He is happily in love with her, although he misses Callie so much more than anyone ever anticipated. Her guitar sits beside his bed and whenever he wakes up from nightmares in the middle of the night he picks it up and plays some of Callie’s favourite songs. Somthing he would never tell anyone though, is he is secretly in love with Rose, he just can’t explain it, but he doesnt want to hurt Pippa. He is happy in life in general though.

Liam is happily married to Danielle, they have two beautiful singing, dancing children named Callum and Rose. Danielle and Liam both miss Callie, she inspired both of them in so many ways. They are happy though, and often tell their children about their fond memories with their desceased best friend. Liam has the pictures Callie left him in frames around the house, which encourages happy conversations with the boys about Callie. He misses her so much, but he is happy.

Zayn is still dating Perrie, who reminds him of Callie so much. She wishes more than anything that she got to meet the girl who changed the boys so much. Zayn spends a lot of time reading Callies songbook and often quotes her on twitter, unbeknown to anyone else. He spends a lot of time singing songs she’s written also, but he is happy with Perrie. She’s the perfect girl for him, laid back and just as deep as he is. They are both happy.

Rose is single and happy, she spends a lot of time at Callies grave, talking to her and telling her about what’s going on. Rose misses having a close girl friend to talk to, but she enjoys going out with the boys, they’re the closest friends she has now. She is secretly in love with Niall, but wouldn’t dream of breaking him and Pippa up – they seem so happy.

Harry, well where do we begin? He hasn’t dated any girl since Callie died. Although he knows it isn’t what she would have wanted, there just isn’t a girl who can compare to his first love. When he finds the right girl, it will happen, he knows it will – and he plans to name his first female child Callie, as a mark of respect for his beloved love. He is happy in life, although he misses Callie unbelievably, he has moved on, but hasn’t forgot, he never will. 

Thank you to everyone for the continued support in this story, I hope you all enjoyed it and emotionally connected to the characters as much as i have. 

Thanks everyone for continuing to read my writing and i hope you loved the ending. It was a bit of a surprise, so i hope you enjoyed it. 

This was the very last chapter, finally. Next, i'll upload the soundtrack list and a thank you chapter. 

Thanks again everyone, thank you.