"Oh, you're going to pour water over my head...isn't that nice?"

{Callie’s P.O.V}

I lie back in bed, snuggling under the covers, enjoying the last few moments of my life before chemo. Everything is going to change so much now, and not in a good way. In the past few days, my life has been turned upside down, and now it’s going to change even more, I never have loved change all that much.

“Okay, so we’re going to start your chemo today, is that alright?” Kayla asks, as a team of hospital staff trail in behind her. They all walk over to me as I nod slowly, I start to become really nervous and scared as they begin attaching lots of equipment to me, taking blood samples and such. It’s not that sore, but it’s still pretty painful. I shut my eyes, I have a phobia of needles…and blood, well this is going to go well. A plump, older nurse comes towards me with a very long needle, I squeeze my eyes tight shut, willing this all to go away and just to be in my bedroom, but soon I feel the pain. The needle doesn’t come out. I open my eyes and see the needle is still in my skin, I look down at it worriedly before looking up at the nurse who smiles kindly, “We need to leave it in there to keep tabs on your blood, love,” I nod. Great.

1 hour later, they all leave and I am left to my own devices. I lie down on the soft, plump pillows and just think. I’ve not had time to think recently, I’ve been so busy. I think about this whole situation, about how I'm going to die – I don’t want to die – and about how I'm going to miss everyone. I think about the boys, about Niall and Zayn and Liam. I think about how nice Louis has been to me, about how he already feels more like a brother than someone I just met yesterday. Finally, I allow my thoughts to wander on to the subject of Harry, the boy I love but shouldn’t, the boy I almost kissed but didn’t, the boy I kissed but shouldn’t have, the boy I want to spend the rest of my life with. Earth to Callie, you probably don’t have long to live, you can’t let him care about you, and anyways, he’s a cocky brat, you don’t need him. “But you love him,” a tiny voice in my head cries out.

I wake up, feeling lightheaded, I look around the room, the pristine, clinical surfaces gleaming in the sunlight, I feel more like I'm in a laboratory than a hospital. I feel something warm and wet on my arm, so look down. The first thing I notice is the deep red colour, then the sheer quantity. I just manage to pull the red ‘help’ cord, before everything goes black.

“Is she okay?” I hear a familiar voice whisper. More hushed voices answer her question, but I can’t make out what they are saying. I go to move, to sit up, but find I can’t. Why can’t I move? I try to move my hand, my fingers, even twitch my nose, but nothing works. I'm a prisoner inside my own body.

All of a sudden, I hear the door fly open and lots of footsteps. “Is she okay?!” a familiar voice yells in a panicked tone. Harry. “What happened?” asks Liam calmly. I can picture him in my head, his hand on Harrys arm trying to calm him down. I thank him for this telepathically. “She must have knocked the needle out in her sleep and that caused a lot of blood loss. She woke up and pulled the alarm, but when we arrived, she had passed out.” Says an unfamiliar voice, must be the doctor. I feel the bed moving as people sit down. “Oh, okay,” I hear Liam reply softly.

I feel cool hands caressing my cheek, it feels…nice? I have a feeling they're Harrys, and soon my feelings are confirmed, “Harry, what the hell are you doing to her face?” Louis asks, he sounds like he’s laughing his arse off. Harry immediately removes his hand from my face and moves away. I can’t imagine the scowl on his face right now…it would be quite funny to see it. I want him to lay his hand on my cheek again, to feel his cool, calming touch, I just want to smile, let I'm know I’m okay, but I can’t, I can’t move. Once again, I attempt to move, but, once again, I find myself unable to. It’s so infuriating, I can hear their voices again, “She’ll be fine,” says an unfamiliar voice.