"You Can Count On Me Like 1 2 3"

“Hey Harry-“Liam begins, walking into the room with the others on tow. He stops when he sees me, and cocks his head to one side, “When did you get here Callie? You really shouldn’t have come; it might now be good for you…”

“I just arrived Liam” I reply, smiling and ignoring the next part of his sentence, I don’t want to be treated specially.

“Okay, but are you sure you should be here?” He presses.

“What do you mean by that?”

“Well…you know your cancer. Is it healthy for you to be here?” He muses.

Of course. Having cancer, I should have known, means that I'm going to be treated differently. I don’t want to be treated differently though. I just want to be a normal teenage girl doing stupid things and worrying about boys and trivial things and being able to do what she wants without worrying about cancer. Stupid cancer.

“I’m fine Liam.” I urge, sounding harsher than I meant to.

Louis notices my uncomfort and steps towards me, “You must be starving Callie, come and we’ll get something to eat”

Thank god I can get out of here.

I nod and follow him out, pushing back the tears that are pricking my eyes for no reason. Why the hell am I crying?

“Shhhh,” Louis whispers as he pulls me close to him, taking me under his wing as we walk out of the hospital.

“Where are we going Lou?” I sniff as he pulls me towards a bus stop.

“I want to talk to you, somewhere quiet, and we passed the perfect place earlier…so that’s where we’re going” he replies, smiling at me childishly.

I pull myself closer to him, breathing in his warm, familiar scent.

He pays for our bus tickets and sits me down on his knee as there are no seats left.

“You’re okay, everything’s going to be okay, I promise,” He consoles as he rubs my back.

The tears are falling more frequently now, more uncontrollably, which just irritates me.

I feel so weak, I hate crying in front of people, I feel so needy.

I'm usually quite good at masking my feelings, but with Louis, it just all pours out, I can’t stop it.

Louis pops the cork in the bottle of my worries and upset, and he has to suffer the consequences.

It’s a wonder he still talks to me, doesn’t he find me so annoying? So repulsive?

I’ve never been able to open up to someone like I’m able to with Louis, not even Rose.

I am dragged out of my thoughts as Louis stands up, with me still in his arms, and walks off the bus.

“We’re here,” He exclaims, walking through the door of the tiniest, cutest coffee shop in the world.

The white washed window panes harmonising with the old fashioned candy striped wall paper that’s peeling at the edges.

Jars of sweets on shelves line the walls, with cakes taking over the entire counter, hiding any traces of a cash register or calculator. All the table and chairs are original, different, giving the shop a quirky attitude. I love it already.