Chapter 4

As the day went on, Dean just walked with Castiel to his classes, since they had the same, and kept his mouth shut. Castiel was debating whether he should talk to Dean or not. Dean hadn't said much since lunch, and he didn't seem to be the talking one but the silence was extremely awkward. He decided to just go straight with Dean by asking what was wrong.

"Is something wrong?" Dean snapped out of his thoughts.

"No, why do you ask?" he looked at the guy next to him. Castiel... wasn't that an angel's name? He certainly didn't look like one with that trench coat he never seemed to take off and the bed/sex-hair.

"You don't talk, is it because you don't like me? I'm sorry you got stuck with me, if you want I can just draw you a map and leave you alone from now on..?" Castiel said, but it sounded like a question.

Dean thought about it, he wouldn't have to be friends with this Castiel, and there wouldn't be any goodbyes when they left town, which was nice.

"Nah, it's okay," he said, deciding it was better to walk around with Castiel instead of looking like a total nerd that needed a map because he wanted to be everywhere in time. Castiel still didn't look happy though.

"Hey, thanks, I uh... really appreciate you showing me around." He said and saw Castiel lighten up. "Do you have other friends beside Charlie?" how the hell did he and Charlie come to be friends anyways? It was one of the weirdest combinations he had ever seen, the silent Castiel and the always-happy-and-hyperactive Charlie.

"Charlie is my only friend, I'm really happy with her." Castiel answered and Dean suddenly felt sorry for him. He knew how it was without friends, but Castiel didn't leave every time after a few weeks.

"Why? You seem like a nice guy," Dean said without thinking. He mentally slapped himself; Castiel would probably expect him to befriend him now.

But Castiel seemed to be used to this question. "I don't know." He shrugged. "At least I don't get bullied so I'm happy with what I got."

They got to the classroom and Dean took the place next to Castiel before he realized it. "I hope I didn't take anyone else's place..?" he asked but Castiel laughed.

"Nobody ever sits here, or anywhere next to me, so don't worry." Again, Dean felt a flash of sadness for the guy. Even if he laughed about it, he saw the pain in his blue eyes. As if Castiel read his mind, he smiled sadly. "I don't expect you to befriend me. If you don't want to be friends, it's okay, I was only supposed to show you around, so I'll just do my job."

Again, Dean just looked at Castiel. Damn, those eyes were really fascinating. Without thinking about it, he looked at Castiel's chapped lips and felt the small urge to touch them.

"Everyone be quit, I want to start." A voice said, and Dean looked away from Castiel, not responding to what he just said about being friends. He didn't want to be friends with anyone but this guy... He didn't even ask for it, and it still woke a bit of Dean's inside up. A part that knew what it was like to be friends with anyone, without counting Sammy. "I..." he started, but the teacher shut him up.

"Winchester, I assume you are Winchester, even if you are new here doesn't give you the right to talk during my class." She snapped. Damn, this teacher was a real bitch. "I'm Miss Talbot, I teach History, and right now, class is starting so you can shut up like the rest of you."

Even Dean, known for his cocky attitude at all the other schools, didn't dare to say a word till class ended. As he and Castiel walked out of the classroom, he sighed. "Damn, how did you survive it here all the time?" Castiel chuckled and told Dean he just ignored her and worked on his assignments. He understood everything and Miss Talbot always chose the one's that didn't understand anything to ask questions, so Castiel was safe.