Epilogue

"I want to thank my teachers, my mother, and my best friend Charlie," Castiel said into the microphone. It was the end of the school year and he had passed his final exams. He had his graduation in his hand and smiled to where his mother was sitting, knowing she'd take pictures of him. He didn't know what to say next. He wanted to thank one more person, but what was the point if he wasn't even there?

He fell silent for a moment and smiled through his pain. Charlie had been there for him, and he had to manage to stay strong till this day was over. He opened his mouth to say he was happy he graduated, but was interrupted by the door opening. He looked up and his breath hitched in his throat.

"CAS!"

Right there, was Dean Winchester. Dean fucking Winchester. "Congratulations Cas, I knew you could do it!" Dean yelled.

Castiel still didn't talk or move. This couldn't be real. But when he heard Charlie let out a scream behind him, he realized this was all very real. He took a deep breath and went on with his small speech.

"And I want to thank Dean for helping me going through this year, and for keeping his promise." Castiel smiled and the people clapped for him, still mumbling who that guy would be and what he was doing here.

As the other people all got their diploma, Castiel just stood there, looking at Dean. He could almost see the sparkles in the green eyes he had missed so much. He didn't hear anything of what the others said, he didn't even look at them, afraid that if he would look away, Dean would be gone.

Finally, everyone got their diploma and after throwing their hats in the air, they started to walk off the small stage they were standing on. He looked at his mother, who just smiled and waved him off. She'd be hugging him later, he first had to talk to Dean.

All the people around Castiel were hugging each other, laughing, crying, telling others goodbye, but he didn't care. His mind was blank, he had no idea what to do. Hug Dean? Kiss him? What if Dean just came to say hello before he had to leave again? But all his thoughts were forgotten when Dean wrapped his arms around him and hugged Castiel so tight, his spine could break.

But Castiel didn't care. He hugged Dean back as if his life depended on it, and closed his eyes, breathing in Deans scent. After almost 2 minutes, Dean started to pull way slightly. They heard laughing behind them and saw Charlie and Castiel's mother standing there. Castiel threw himself in his mother's arms, and in Charlie's not short after it.

"So you must be Dean," his mother said. She had never met Dean before, but he looked exactly like Castiel had described him to her.

"That I am," Dean replied nervously, not knowing if Castiel's mother was angry at him for leaving. Maybe Castiel had thrown a lie, maybe he had told the truth. His worries were gone when Castiel's mother smiled at him.

"I'm glad I can finally meet you. He made a good choice, I must say," she said, which caused Dean to blush. She laughed and said something to Castiel. He nodded and she walked away.

Soon, Charlie was leaving too, shouting she'd text him later, and Castiel and Dean were alone in the group of people.

"You wanna say goodbye to anyone here?" Dean asked. He hoped not, he wanted nothing more than to just have Castiel in his arms again. To his luck, Castiel shook his head and smiled.

"Let's just go, my mother said she will meet us at home. You are welcome to spend the rest of the day at my place. And of course Sam will be welcome too," he added when he saw Sam sitting in the Impala.

As soon as Sam noticed Dean and Castiel walking towards the car, he jumped out and gave Castiel a hug that was comparable with the one Dean had given. "I missed you," he whispered. "And I still have all the books you gave me." Castiel held him close, and smiled when he heard Sam say something else. "I'm okay with you and Dean together, I always saw you as a second brother. Thank you."