Chapter 14

A/N Hey there, since today is my birthday, I wanted to reward y'all with a chapter yay! ALSO GUESS WHO IS GOING TO A HAMMERFALL CONCERT ON MONDAY?? OH YES THATS ME FUCKING HELL YEAH!! I'm sorry, I'm so excited it'll be my first concert (besides Epica on Parkpop lmao) and OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! Also, thanks SO MUCH for 1K reads! It means a lot to me and I really hope you won't hate me after this chapter. I put in a cute part because you'll need it... Sorry in advance ^^

And so it happened that Castiel came to the hospital almost every day, sometimes he told Dean about their time together, sometimes Dean would pull him into a hug and they just sat there for a long time, and sometimes, Dean had to sleep and Castiel just sat there, watching him.

Even in his sleep, Dean looked worried. Worried about Sam, worried about who would get him food, and even worried about Castiel. But Dean Winchester wasn’t someone who would worry about himself. He didn’t even care about the hospital; he just wanted to get out soon so he could go back to Sam.

Sam and Bobby came by almost as much as Castiel. Sometimes the four of them just sat together in Dean’s room, talking, and there were times where Sam, Bobby or Castiel wanted to speak with Dean alone. One time, Castiel just walked away when he overheard Bobby say something to Dean.

“You can’t keep this up much longer, boy. I see it when I look at you,” he mumbled.

“But I have to,” Dean whispered back. “I have no other choice.”

Castiel wondered what that was about, but he didn’t ask. He knew both Dean and Bobby wouldn’t be very happy Castiel had heard a part of their private conversation, and besides, it wasn’t Castiel’s business. He walked to the cafeteria where Sam sat. As he got a drink from the machine and sat at the table, he said hey. They chatted for a few minutes when Sam suddenly got a bit emotional.

“I never said thank you, even when you deserve it. You have done so much, for both me and Dean.” Castiel wanted to tell Sam it was okay, but Sam was clearly not done yet.

“You have given Dean such a good time, and I haven’t seen him that happy in years. Even now that he doesn’t remember you, I know you still haven’t walked away, and that means a lot to him. He won’t say it himself, but I am his brother and I know it.” Sam cleared his throat before he went on.

“And also, you’ve done so much for me. You walk with me every day from school to Bobby and you’ve cared so much for me… It’s like I have a second brother. Even when Dean wasn’t in the hospital you came by and you always helped me with my homework or brought me a new book, I wanted to thank you for that, so yeah.” It was silent for a minute.

“Thanks,” Castiel replied. “I don’t really know how to say it but I’m really honored by your words.”

Before any of them could say anything else, Bobby walked towards them, and their “chick-flick” moment was over. However, Castiel kept thinking about it on the way home. Had he really been that much of an impact on Dean’s mood? Sure, Dean was happy when he saw Castiel but Castiel never knew how much that was for someone like Dean.

The next day, he went to Dean again for the last part of his story. He told Dean about how he had been teaching Castiel things in the garage, how Dean had been smiling proudly when Castiel did something right.

He told Dean about how much he missed Dean during his classes, and he even told about Miss Talbot, who had been a lot nicer since Dean stopped showing up.

“Do they ask for me, our classmates?” Dean asked. Castiel shook his head. “No, you’ve only been there for a few weeks; I don’t even think they remember you. They’re all too busy with the upcoming dance event and all the other stupid things in their own little worlds.” Dean nodded. “Good. That means you’re not getting any questions because of me and I don’t have to feel guilty for leaving you there.”