Chapter 1

Dean Winchester looked out of the car window as they drove into the new town. Another new town. He had stopped counting the towns they went to a while ago, simply because there were too much.

It was always the same, he, his father, John, and his little brother Sam would move into a new town, they'd go to school, and after a few weeks John decided to move on. Sometimes they'd go to a motel, and sometimes John rented a house.

He sighed, and loooked at Sammy in the backseat. He wished Sam didn't have to live this life of always moving around. Sam still had the urge to make friends, and Dean knew one day, Sam would get tired of it. But for now, he just had to see Sam make new friends and be happy with them till he had to say goodbye.

This time, John had found a cheap house. He parked the car, and told Dean to get the few bags they had and bring them inside with Sam. Dean nodded and got out of the car to get the bags. He brought them inside and when he put them down, he heard the Impala driving away. When he got outside, Sam was standing there, looking at the house.

"Where's dad?" Dean asked.

"He said he went to a school to write us in," Sam replied.

Dean sighed. He didn't like school. He'd rather get a job so he could get Sam food when John was broke again. He put on a somewhat happy face for Sam, and they got inside.

It was a small house, with a kitchen, a bathroom, and 2 bedrooms. Dean was happy he and Sam had to share a bedroom, that way he could easily look out for him, and help him when he had a nightmare.

But that was not the only reason. John would often come home drunk, and Dean wanted to protect Sam from him. He knew how his dad would act when he was drunk. Sometimes he was happy, but other times he'd just throw stuff around the room, screaming and yelling. Dean always tried to calm him down, telling Sam was asleep, telling he would lock the door and clean the house. Most of the times, it worked, and John went to his room, falling asleep while Dean cleaned up the mess his dad made.

Dean had just cooked when John came home. He told the boys he had found a school for them. They both went to the same school, but in a different building. Sam, 13 years old would go to Junior High School, eighth grade. Dean would go to Senior High school since he was 17. They ate in silence and after dinner, John went out again. Both Sam and Dean knew what he was gonna do, but they didn't talk about it.

Dean let Sam watch some cartoons before he told him to go to bed. "I'll wake you up tomorrow," he said, as he tucked Sam in.

"Thanks, Dean. Good night."

Dean looked a moment before he said "good night, Sammy, sleep well" and closed the door.

He sat in the kitchen till John came home, and luckily, he wasn't as drunk as always. He went straight to his room, and Dean cleaned up a bit before he pulled his phone out of his pocket, turned the alarm on, and went to sleep next to Sam.

The next morning, Dean woke up by the alarm, and turned around to wake Sam. "Sammy, get dressed, it's time for school," he said, and Sam nodded.

Dean stood up and made breakfast for Sam. He slept in his clothes most of the time, it was easier and he didn't want to take the covers from Sam. Once they ate breakfast, Dean packed some slices of bread for Sam's lunch, and they got in the car. He drove Sam to school and said he'd be there to pick him up when the day was over. He watched Sam go inside, and sighed again.

Dean drove around, not wanting to go to school. His dad wouldn't even care of he went anyways. After a few minutes, he came by a place called "Singer Autos". It was a garage, and he went inside where he saw only one man.

The man turned around and raised his eyebrows. "Hey, you need a car to be fixed?" he asked.

"No," Dean replied. "I was just driving around when I saw this place."

The man looked confused. "You were driving around? How old are you?" Dean told him he was 17, but he had been driving since he was 15. They talked about the Impala and some other cars and Dean decided this was the place he needed.

"Can I get a job here?" he asked.

The man looked at Dean. "I assume you know some things, and I could use some help. You can just come by whenever you want, but please, promise me, you will go to school too. You need your education," he said.

Dean just looked away. "Meh, we're always driving around so I'd rather have a job and earn some money," he explained.

"Why? Your parents don't think education is important?"

"My dad doesn't care and neither do I. As long as i can earn some money, I'm fine with not going to school," Dean replied. He hadn't said anything about his mom.

"Well, let me tell you: when you go to school, you graduate, you can get a better job. I'm Bobby by the way. Bobby Singer." Bobby said. "I usually don't shake hands, unless you really have the need for oil on your hands?"

Dean smiled, he knew what it was like to have oil on your hands and it was not a pleasant feeling. "Dean. Dean Winchester," he said.

"Well you seem like a good boy, what are ya doing in this town anyways?"

"Dad decided we had to move again, and we ended up here," Dean mumbled, not really wanting to talk about his family. But he knew what question he would get next.

"And your daddy doesn't throw you into school once he finds out you're here? I mean, I don't mind having another mechanic here, but I don't want trouble with parents." Bobby said.

"No, he doesn't really care where I am. Lucky me," Dean replied sarcastically. The way he sounded made Bobby stop talking about family.

"In that case, you're always welcome here, but you gotta go to school too. It's too educational to just leave behind, boy."

Dean thought about it and then nodded. John didn't want any phone calls from school so he'd better attend some classes.

He and Bobby talked for another while and then Bobby just gave Dean a car to work on. Dean liked it, Bobby was easy to be around so far, he didn't ask as much questions about everything, and knew when to stop talking.

They worked till 4pm and then Dean had to pick up Sam. After promising Bobby he'd go to school and work after, he drove away.

(A/N thanks y'all for reading this, English is not my native language so apologies if there are any mistakes and please tell me so I can correct them. This is one of the 3 fanfics I'm currently writing, but I can't think of a title for the other 2 yet. Again, thanks for reading, and I'll try to update soon )