Ammara's Compassion, Luna's Confusion.

I groaned in pain. "Will she be alright?!" Kuwabara's voice asked, worry showing within it. "She was hit full-force by a demon attack, baka! What do you THINK?!" Hiei's voice asked, angrily. I groaned again. The pain was too much! It felt like Yusuke had shot me with 1,000 of his Shotgun blasts. Pain was shooting throughout every point in my body. I wanted it to stop. I...I wanted to die. This way, no one would have to worry for me. "You'll be okay..." Kurama's voice murmured, his voice breaking a little.

"Get her inside, quickly!!!!!" Botan yelled. Even with the healing, I still felt excruciating pain. I groaned louder and cried. "Botan, isn't there anything you can do?!" "I'm trying my best, Yusuke... But she might not make it!" I groaned again, before blacking out completely.

 ~Luna's P.O.V.~

I watched as the human Kurama loved writhed in agony at the pain spreading through my body. Why? I thought. Why would she do this for me?! She's a HUMAN. And all humans are the same! They're selfish creatures who only think of themselves! Why would she save me like that?! Tears began to stream down my face. "Luna? Are you alright?" Botan asked, looking concerned. "I'm fine..." "But you look like you're about to..!" "I SAID I'M FINE! NOW JUST SHUT UP AND LEAVE IT AT THAT, BAKA!!!!" I roared angrily. She backed off on the verge of tears and the human called Yusuke grabbed my arm roughly. "Hey! What the hell's your problem, psycho?!"

I growled. "Let go!!!!!" I jerked my hand out of his grasp and began to walk away. I could sense that Hiei was following me. I sighed as I walked onto the balcony. Tears were still falling, but I refused to let them show. "Luna?" Hiei's voice called from behind me. I didn't turn, so he walked up beside me. "What?!" I said sharply. He sighed, pulling me into a hug. I blushed deeply, confused. Why was he holding me like this?! "H...Hiei..." I said, blushing even deeper. He began to rub my back, which only made me feel more uncomfotable.

"Hiei..." I said again, my voice trembling slightly. Oh, WHY did he make me feel like this?! "Luna...It's okay to feel emotion. Sadness, empathy...Even sympathy." I broke at his words and soothing and melted into his arms, crying. "There now...It's okay...Let it all out..." ((Sorry if this is O.O.C., but this is supposed to be a romantic scene. So please don't give any negative comments!)) 

I cried even more. "Why Hiei? Why would that girl, a human, risk her life for ME? A mere halfling..." More tears fell as memories of my past played through my mind. Hiei stroked my hair gently and I could almost feel his smile. "I was thinking the exact same thing...When she jumped in front of Seiryu's blast to save me," he replied. I gasped at his statement. "But-! Why would she-?!" He chuckled slightly. "Again, I thought the same. And...It's because she values her friends' lives and safety more than her own. That's what makes her strong. Her will to protect others."

I gasped. Will to protect others?! Could...This human be...The one?! Hiei smiled. "I don't know. Why not stick around and find out?" he asked. I scowled at him. "Would you PLEASE stay OUT of my mind?!" He chuckled and teleported behind me, and I could feel his warm breath on my skin as he spoke again. "Whatever you say, Lu." Then, he teleported away. I touched the back of my neck and blushed deeply. Get your head in the game, Wolf! Just because he hugged you like that, doesn't mean anything! He doesn't love you...He can never love you, despite what you feel for him. I thought, sighing. Besides...Who would love a halfling like me? A mistake that was never meant to happen... 

A few tears fell down my face. I had to get it together! This was a no holds barred tournament full of bloodthirsty DEMONS! If I cried this much over something so stupid, I'll be liable to cry over an injury! Stop crying, Luna...You have to be strong...For yourself. Not for the humans or their team! Or even for Hiei...For YOURSELF. After that pep talk, I walked back inside to where the human was recovering.

~Ammara's P.O.V.~

I couldn't wake up, no matter how hard I tried. I could hear everything and feel everything, but my eyes just refused to open! I felt a hand over my own and its warmth. I knew for a fact that it was Kurama. He hadn't left my side since Botan put me in a recovery room. I felt a few tears fall on my face as Kurama kissed me gently. "Please come back to me...I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you left me..." I could hear his voice breaking. Wake up... Another kiss. Wake up..! More tears fell on my face. Wake up! Damn it! Ammara Kuwabara, this is NO TIME to lay down and die!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Kurama's tearstained face. I tried to speak, but my throat felt so numb, no words could escape. Weakly, I reached up and wiped the tears from my boyfriend's face. He gasped. "A...Ammara?" I smiled a little and nodded. "H..Hey...Kurama...Did ya...Miss me?" I said, looking deeply into his emerald eyes. Kurama cried, smiling, and hugged me tightly. "I thought you were dead," he said, nuzzling my neck gently. I smiled. "So did I, but I realized that I had more to live for. Like the team, Yusuke and my brother...And you." 

He smiled and kissed me gently. He pulled away quickly and smiled again. "I'm glad you're back..." I smiled and looked up at him. "So am I." I moved forward to hug him and cringed. "Agh!!!" Kurama held me gently, keeping me upright. "Easy..." he said gently. "Your injuries still haven't healed yet. And we may need you in the next round." I gasped. I was unconscious for the whole ROUND?! Kurama saw the worry in my eyes and smiled. 

"Don't worry, love. Yusuke and Luna won the battle. We've advanced." I smiled, feeling happy. "No thanks to you," Luna snapped. "You almost got yourself killed out there! Maybe you should go home right now!" I gasped and began to cry. Yusuke spun on Luna. "What the hell's your problem?! She hasn't done ANYTHING to you!!!" Luna growled and disappeared. I dried my eyes and turned to Kurama.

"Is Luna alright?" I asked. He nodded. "She'll be fine. She just has a lot on her mind." I looked down. "I think she hates me, Kurama," I said sadly. He hugged me. "She doesn't hate you, love...She's just confused. No human has ever risked their life to save her before. It's confusing to her. Just give her time. She'll warm up to you." I smiled and wiped away any tears that remained. "You're right Kurama. And that's why I'll keep trying." 

I was going to make Luna my friend. No matter what!

AN:This chapter couldn't have been possible without the help of my sister @BloodMoon42. Thanks sis! I owe you one! And I hope you enjoyed it! :)