Race through the forest!!!

Kuwabara, Yusuke, and I walked along with Genkai and the other members of the crowd to a forest near Genkai's temple.  Why'd Grandma Genkai bring us HERE? I thought. "Now that the weak have been eliminated," Genkai said. "The tests will be FAR more severe..." I cringed as a tugging sensation roughly pulled at my insides. "What's happening...to my BODY?!" "Master...The forest has its own life force, doesn't it?" the short man from before said. Genkai nodded. "Yes, to say the least," she replied. "It's known as "The Dark Forest". It has such a high Spiritual Energy, it can make even the TOUGHEST human quiver. It's also home to the oldest and most primitive of DEMONS." I gulped. "D...Demons?" I said. Genkai nodded.

"Listen up,dimwits! On the other side of this forest lies a giant tree! Reach that, and you pass the test," Genkai said. "You have two hours!" A few members had protests, such as "That's IMPOSSIBLE!!!" and "I'm NOT going anywhere near there!!!!" I scoffed. Whimps!!! I thought angrily.  Genkai laughed. "Yes, yes. Run along home with your tails tucked between your legs, I don't blame you!"  "What're we going to DO, Kuwabara?" I asked."Whaddya THINK we're gonna do?! We're gonna go in, and we're gonna come out ALIVE!!! And as fast as we can! Understand?!" I nodded. "Okay!!! I'll follow your lead, Kuwabara!!!" I said, smiling. "Best of luck, and I hope you don't DIE," Genkai said. "Ready?" Kuwabara and I got into a good running position. "Set..!" Genkai said. There was a short pause. I can DO this!!! I thought over and over again.

"GO!!!" Genkai yelled. Kuwabara and I took off, Yusuke not too far behind us. Then, Genkai went past us, hopping as fast as she could. "I'll be waiting for you at the tree! If you're SMART, you'll use your Spirit Awareness to find the quickest way! GOODBYE!!!" Then, Genkai ran with the speed of a ninja toward the tree. I gasped as I saw a wolf like creature lunge at Kuwabara. "Brother!!! On your left!!!" I yelled. Kuwabara punched the demon next to him and it tumbled into the deep parts of the forest. "Thanks for that, sis!" he said. I nodded as we came to a fork in the road. "Allright sis...Which way?!" Kuwabara said. I closed my eyes and sensed which way was better. I snapped my eyes open and ran to the right, Kuwabara following closely behind.

After a while of fighting a few more wolf demons, we reached the tree with only fifteen minutes to spare. "Congratulations, you pass," Genkai said. I panted and smiled at Kuwabara, who was cheering. We did it!!! I thought. "No way!!! Are we REALLY the first ones HERE?!" Kuwabara said. Genkai nodded. "YEAH!!!" Kuwabara said, leaping for joy. "That's right! I'm COOL!!!" I laughed. "You'll NEVER change, brother." Then, two more guys came up the hill. "Tch! I thought for sure that WE'D be the FIRST ones!" "Well you WEREN'T! So HA!!!" I taunted. Then, the brown haired dude with the scars across his face slapped me. I cried out in pain as I was thrown backward from the blow's impact.

"Yes..." he said. "It HURTS, doesn't it?" I growled. "Maybe NOW you'll learn to RESPECT your ELDERS!!!"  I clenched my fist as Kuwabara put me behind him. "You JERK!!! She did NOTHING to you!!! I'LL KILL YOU!!!!" I grabbed Kuwabara's wrist as he tried to punch the man. "Kuwabara!!! It's okay," I said. "Besides, this guy ain't worth you breaking your hand over." Genkai looked at her watch briefly, then closed it. "Time's up," she said. "Only you nine have passed." Kuwabara gasped. "Hey! Hold on a sec! There should still be someone coming!!!" My eyes widened as I realized what Kuwabara meant. Oh NO!!! Where's Urameshi?! I thought. "Sorry," Genkai said. "But I don't make exceptions!!!"

"HOLD ON!!!!!" a voice yelled. I gasped happily as Yusuke ran up the hill. "URAMESHI!!!" Kuwabara yelled. "Sorry I'm late...But I had a small bat problem," Yusuke said. "Surely you don't mean that lethal man bat, Baldock?" Genkai said. "Yeah! He was FAST, but not NEARLY as fast as Hiei!!!" Yusuke said. Then, he began to laugh. Kuwabara growled and grabbed the collar of Yusuke's green and orange jacket. "THERE'S NO REASON TO LAUGH, IDIOT!!! YOU WENT OVER THE TIME LIMIT!!!" Yusuke gasped. "I...Is that TRUE?!" Genkai nodded. "It seems to be...But I believe I WILL make an exception," she said, smiling.

I laughed and cheered as I hugged Yusuke. "Hey!!!" he said. "C'mere Kuwabara!!!" I yelled. "Aww no!!!" Yusuke said, jokingly. Then, Kuwabara jumped in and we shared a group hug. "We're goin' to the next round!!!" Kuwabara and I said happily. Then, Yusuke and Kuwabara realized what they were doing and jumped back from the hug. "Hey, what're you HUGGING me for?!" Yusuke said. "Get off me!!!" "ME?! YOU'RE the one hugging!!! I was TRYING to squeeze you to death!!!!" Kuwabara retorted. I giggled. I guess some things just WON'T change between these two!!!

"Allright you ten!!!" Genkai said, "Follow me!!!" The group quietly followed Genkai up some stairs by the tree. "This shall be your next challenge," she said as she opened the door. I gasped as I saw what was inside.

Well, that's it!!! Find out what happens next in chapter 3!!!