Battle Royale! The Captain's Qualifier!

I sighed heavily as I leaned back against the railing of the boat. "Are you okay?" Kurama asked. I sighed. "Being on a boat full of bloodthirsty demons on the way to a demon TOURNAMENT wasn't exactly how I was planning our date to be..." I said, folding my arms. Kurama sighed and pulled me closer to him.

"I know, Ammara. And I don't like it either," he said, gently stroking my hair. "But it's not as if we have a choice." I sighed and nodded. "I know..." I said. "I guess...I'm just scared. What if...What if one of us dies in this Tournament?" Kurama began to gently caress my face. "Shh...No one's going to die," he said. "It's going to be alright." I smiled and leaned against Kurama's chest and he wrapped his arms around me. Kurama always knew just what to say to calm me down.

Kuwabara scowled. "Shoot. Nothing here but ugly monsters," he said. "I thought cruises were supposed to have pretty girls." An irk mark appeared on my forehead. "This isn't a cruise, though Kuwabara," I said through clenched teeth. "It's a ship that's crawling with demons!" Kuwabara just tuned me out by staring at the Masked Fighter. "I sure hope the island isn't as boring as this," Hiei said. "We are not on vacation, you know," Kurama said, closing his eyes. "Kurama's right, Kuwabara," I said.

My brother stared at the ground. "I know, but couldn't they at least give us something to eat?" I smiled slightly at that comment. "Good things come to those that wait, Kuwabara," I said. "Alrighty mateys! Turn your eyes to the captain's deck!" the captain said. Kuwabara, Kurama, Hiei, and I turned to see the captain of the ship on a microphone. "It's still going to be quite a time before the ship reaches the 'arbor. So we'll be having some entertainment to keep ya from gettin' rowdy!" Kuwabara jumped up, a bright expression on his face.

"I knew it!" he said. "Dinner and dancing!" I sweat dropped. Kuwabara, you're my brother and I love you, I thought. But sometimes you can be a complete IDIOT!!! "The preliminary battles will be fought here on me trusty ship!" the captain's voice said, jerking me back into reality. I smirked as I saw my brother's expression. Three...Two...One, I thought. "SAY WHAT?!" Kuwabara said loudly. "A preliminary for the competition," Hiei said. "I knew THAT much, Hiei!!!" Kuwabara said angrily. "Now that we can't go anywhere..." Kurama said.

Then, the ship began to shake. Kuwabara wobbled and began to scream. "Earthquake!!!" Hiei folded his arms and scowled. "Fool! There can't be earthquakes on the WATER!" Kurama pointed across the ship. "Look!" Kuwabara, Hiei and I turned to see the ship's floor splitting open. Then, what looked like a ring came out of it. "WHOA! THAT THING'S HUGE!!!" Kuwabara said, his eyes wide. Then, the ring finally stopped, towering over the small ship.

"She's a real beauty, ain't she?" the captain's voice echoed. I stared at the ring in awe. "Now I'll tell it to ya straight. Fifteen teams have already been chosen for the Dark Tournament. They're awaiting your arrival!" the captain said. "That means, out of all of you on my ship only one of you will compete on dry land!" All of the demons on board began to shout in protest. Kuwabara scowled. "I thought we were the special guests!" "This is the way they operate," Hiei said.

"All teams pick out your strongest man and bring him to the arena's portside!" the captain said. "There, they'll fight in a battle royale! Whoever comes out alive will get their team a ticket. To fight on Hangin' Neck Island!" I turned back to my teammates. "What are we gonna do?" I asked softly. The way I saw it, unless we picked the right fighter, we may as well kiss our friends and family goodbye! Kuwabara smirked and began cracking his knuckles.

"One big beatdown, huh? Guess I'll hafta show 'em the brand new Kuwabara Super Attack!" Then, gigantic demon came up behind Kuwabara and I. We turned and he towered over us. This guy's bigger than Seiryu! I thought. "Yes, I do prefer larger battles!" he said. "One on one always makes me BORED!" "An excellent chance to sharpen my claws!" said another. "Now I can kill as many apparitions as I want to! After I turn that human boy Urameshi inside out of course!" another added.