Chapter 10

Mario's House in MM >>

Jasmine POV

"I can't stop crying." I told Monique as she tried to soothe me.

I have been the definition of an emotional wreck. I have been listening to sad music and I have tissues all over my bed.

It has been 3 days since I told Mario about Loriana and it's killing me. He doesn't even have my number so I have no idea what he wants to do about the situation. I know Mario, and I know he wouldn't just abandon Lori after he knows she is his daughter.

"It's ok Jasmine."

"No it's not. You should have seen the way he looked at me. He was livid! He fucking hates me!" I cried.

"He can't hate you. He still loves you. Maybe even more now that you gave him his first child."

"Yah and I also kept him away from his first child for 4 years. He hates me. I feel so stupid." I sighed and buried my face in to my hands.

"Well staying away for so long was very stupid but now you have to deal with the consequences. Mario doesn't hate you trust me. He asked me for your phone number last night at the club." she said.

"Did you give it to him?" I asked her. She nodded then went digging in to her bag. She pulled out two stacks of cash and handed them to me.

"He said I should give this to you." She said. I frowned and just looked at the money.

It sort of reminded me of my father and how he use to always give me money. I actually don't miss it and I enjoy making my own money so that I know that I don't owe anybody anything.

"I'm putting it in to Loriana's savings account. I don't want him to just hand me money."

"Honey, your baby daddy has enough money to wipe his ass with every time he goes to the bathroom. He ain't gonna miss a few stacks. I have never seen anything wrong with having a man provide for you." she said, tossing the money in front of me.

"It's a kind gesture and all seeing as he did fire me from my job." I mumbled. I'm still pissed about that. It was totally uncalled for.

My phone started ringing and the first person that it could possibly be that popped in to my head was Mario. I slowly looked down at my phone to see an unsaved phone number calling me.

"Answer it! It could be him!" Monique squealed. I smacked my lips and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jasmine." My face got hot just by hearing his voice. It sounded like as if he had just woke up.

"Hey Mario."

"I'm about to head out and I want to meet my daughter." He said. My heart started to beat faster because of how nervous I was becoming.

"Where would you want to meet up?" I asked.

"Is IHOP good?" I chuckled a little.

"Wow, I was expecting some type of fancy French restaurant." I joked but it was silent on the other line.

"I'm rich, not bougie. I'm taking that as a yes so meet me at the one we use to always go to in an hour." He said then hung up.

He is still mad at me. It's so noticeable in his voice. Anyways, he wants to meet Loriana. I really need to pray that this goes smooth.

.....................

I walked in to IHOP holding Loriana's hand as she talked my ear off about what she wants to eat.