Chapter 9

Jasmine POV

"How was the dinner last night?" Monique asked as we sat in Starbucks.

"It sucked." I said as I broke Loriana's cookie in to pieces.

"Aww. At least you seen them. Did you tell them about Lori?" I looked over at my daughter as I shook my head, no.

"I couldn't. They were grilling me enough about leaving for four years. I didn't want to add anything more for them to yell at me for." I said. "Oh and the icing on the cake is that I got fired. So now I'm making no money."

"WHAT!? How the hell did you get fired?"

"You know my....ex, Mario that I told you about. Yah well he is the boss apparently and he just fired me." I said shrugging, trying to play it off.

"Girl what! Our fine ass boss use to be your boyfriend! Girl that is a blessing." she said.

"No it isn't. Because of him I'm unemployed."

"Well you should have told him why you do what you do. Then maybe he would have understood."

"No he wouldn't. Mario would give me money and be like 'I got you'. Either way he would fire me. I know he doesn't go for that no matter what."

"Aww. He still loves you! That's so adorable. I think you guys should just sit down and have a civil conversation." she said. I nodded in agreement.

Out of everyone, I want to talk to him the most because I feel like I effected him the most. We have a lot to discuss and a lot of shit that needs to be put in the past so that we could hopefully have a future.

"So what's going to happen with Randy?" She asked. I looked at her, not really knowing what to say.

"I'm not sure. There is no getting rid of him...not that I would want to. I really don't think anything will change." I said.

"That's good. I like you guys friendship." I nodded in agreement. Randy is cool. I don't think I can picture my life without him at this point.

"Mommy, I'm tired." Loriana said, tapping my leg and pouting.

"Ok Lori. We're leaving right now." she hopped out her seat and put her jacket on.

"I have a few errands to run so I will see you back at the condo." Monique said. We gave each other a hug then I walked out of the place holding Loriana's hand.

Right after I put her in the car, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped and turned around. I let out a sigh of relief once I saw it was just Summer.

"Hey Summer. Who is this?" I asked, looking up at the boy that was with her.

"This is T, my boyfriend." She said.

"Oh, so you're the infamous T. It's nice to meet you." I said. I shook his hand and he bent down and kissed it. "Wow what a charmer you have here Summer." I said, laughing a little.

"You think? Well, I'm going to call you later and also, talk to my brother please. He hasn't left his office and I could smell the weed even though the door is shut. You know he only smokes when something is wrong." I looked to the side as I played around with my keys in my hand.

"I can try I guess. I don't even know if he will talk to me. He is pissed. I promise I will try though. I have to go. Bye sweetie." I said. I hugged her then got in to my car.

I hate that I am the reason why Mario is smoking. He barely ever smokes because he is really big on his health and shit. I was going to go see him tomorrow but I feel like it would be better if I go today.